Shimmy shimmy ya

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wanted to build a shuttle rig since my ebike is usually getting a thrashing when there's pedalling involved.

Even though I had a amazing rig prior to this coming off a Nicolai I wanted something to spark the desire to ride more without assistance and I just enjoy planning new builds, searching for good deals on parts and assembling the thing. That and I just plain like shiny things.

Typically I ride XL bikes with the exception of the Nicolai but on this I decided to go with the manufacturers recommendations for a large. I wanted to downsize slightly from the Nicolai to get a more playful ride.

Still waiting on some bits to arrive, rims are stuck in Frankfurt, ztto remote is somewhere in Ali express land and the pre-ordered frame keeps getting delayed but according to commencal it's due the first week of August.

I was also interested in a nukeproof mega 290 in alloy or a giga complete after selling my nicolai but due to availability and the high polished option I went with the clash in the end.

It's designed around a 180 fork but my last few bikes have been setup with mixed wheel sizes I decided to build it as a mullet and reduce the travel to 170mm.

This article helped confirm my decision.

Just a pile of boxes at the moment but this is the plan thus far.

Frame - Large 2021 Transition Spire (alloy)
Shock - Fox float X2 factory series
Fork - Manitou mezzer pro (29)
Hubs - Hope pro 4 (silver)
Rims - DT swiss ex511 29"
Brakes - Hayes dominion a4
Rotors - Hayes d-series (203f/r)
Dropper - Oneup 210 w/ ztto remote
Drivetrain - SRAM GX eagle
Bars - Nukeproof horizon v2 35mm (alloy)
Stem - Norco 40mm
Grips - Ergon ga2 fat

Still need:

Saddle - (ergon sme3 or fabric scoop)
Tyres - Vittoria mazza 2.6
BB - dub something

Last edited:

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Still waiting on some bits to arrive, rims are stuck in Frankfurt, ztto remote is somewhere in Ali express land and the pre-ordered frame keeps getting delayed but according to commencal it's due the first week of August.
I feel your pain. The final pieces of my jigsaw puzzle have been sitting in Frankfurt for the last two weeks!

Should be a sweet rig once it’s up and going though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Absolutely blessing in disguise. Very excited to get on a tranny!

I spoke to someone at commencal after another month of delays and they said mulleting the clash would void the warranty - no point in buying a new frame without warranty. Wasn't interested in the meta am.

Spire is due some time in September. Super sports will let me know when the order leaves the factory.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unfortunately will be selling a brand new mara pro (230x65) and a 27.5 ex511 since the spire has a shock and I'd want to run it full 29.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jesus, it's dual crown compatible......anyone say DoradoHHHHHH
New dorado would be absolutely dreamy, will have to see how much self control I can muster when it finally hits our shores. I can't fault the mezzer though.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like where this is going. What size frame did you choose? Gonna run it in ultra slack stupid mode? You probably should.
Got a large. My last frame had a 520mm reach and head angle of 61.5. I'll obviously try both stupid slack and regular slack but probably start with the latter.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did read that.

I haven't build the rear wheel yet so I'm just going to try it as intended as a 29er and may hold onto the 27.5 rim for future experiments.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mulleting the Clash would void warranty? Hahaha yeah okay... no thanks dudes. Spire will be sick.
Didn't make much sense to me, I was planning to reduce the travel of my fork so the ride height sat 2mm under recommended maximum. I guess wheelbase would increase slightly. In any case I only was interested in this as a mullet and not remotely I tested if it voided the warranty.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Absolutely blessing in disguise. Very excited to get on a tranny!

I spoke to someone at commencal after another month of delays and they said mulleting the clash would void the warranty - no point in buying a new frame without warranty. Wasn't interested in the meta am.

Spire is due some time in September. Super sports will let me know when the order leaves the factory.

Very jealous. Love my sentinel. Can’t wait to see this come together

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I got a front xm481 29er that might suit you?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk