Shimmy shimmy ya

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any news sir?
Unfortunately not. I think they are having difficulties getting the shipment released from Taiwan.

It could be some time before it's even on a boat.

In the meantime I grabbed a meta am frame which is due next week. If / when they know when these things are due I'll reassess how I'm getting on with the meta and decide if I want to look at selling it for the spire.

I was super excited about the spire and still am but pandemic related delays caused a slight deviation from the plan.

Sent from my AC2001 using Tapatalk

Jpez

Down on the left!
Unfortunately not. I think they are having difficulties getting the shipment released from Taiwan.

It could be some time before it's even on a boat.

In the meantime I grabbed a meta am frame which is due next week. If / when they know when these things are due I'll reassess how I'm getting on with the meta and decide if I want to look at selling it for the spire.

I was super excited about the spire and still am but pandemic related delays caused a slight deviation from the plan.

I enquired about a Sentinal and just got a frustrated shrug from Super Sports.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
That was more to do with a lack of clarity from Transition on a supply standpoint than an issue with SuperSports though yeah?

Jpez

Down on the left!
That was more to do with a lack of clarity from Transition on a supply standpoint than an issue with SuperSports though yeah?
Definitely not an issue with SS. They were great.
Transition. And Covid. And supply issues. They were getting bikes but never knew what would be in the container so couldn’t say when the frame I wanted would be a available. Sounded like Super Sports were a bit frustrated by it. I was told the best they could do was for me to send an email to go on a waiting list in case an XL frame just happened to turn up.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yeah, reading between the lines I think Transition's supply lines are getting smashed pretty hard by COVID. Numbers of new Patrols and Spires appearing on the internet have been pretty low.

Pity cus the Spire sounds like an awesome bike if early reviews are to be believed.

xero

Supersports
I might as well weigh in here.
Globally all bike companies are being as transparent as they can be and IMO Transition is handling this as well if not better than most.

We committed early to take smaller shipments ( obviously increasing our costs - but not passing this on ) rather than waiting for FCL's to be ready to try and keep some flow of bikes moving with out larger delays ... " Better to keep some happy than not"

It"s not so much frustration from us, basically from our stand point as a company, we have chosen to not make promises we may not be able to keep, and this goes right down the line from how we expect our dealers to act currently as well.
Yeah of course we want to sell you that new ride... but what we don't want to do is make that promise that may or may not happen in that set time line. Totally frustrating for all involved but as a company ( and I own Supersports ) we have chosen to try and be as clear and as open as possible.

I have heard way too many " yeah we can supply " but not until November next year stories from plenty of customers and brands etc.
Now, we could do that if we choose to, we know exactly what we are expecting in any date frame so far in front at this point, that it could easily happen. We have scheduled shipments into AUS right now up to March 2022.

There are so many moving factors in the line, and everything "usually" is clockwork... but this is simply not the case anymore at this point.. an example per say ... Factory is expected to receive x amount of group sets on a given week.. these to be built into bikes... our schedule states that we are getting x amount of these ( obviously shared globally ) - Problem ... x amount total does not arrive , is delayed and only half turn up... assembly happens and we now have a lesser x amount to be shared globally.
Add to that , shipping delays etc... port shutdowns and global shipping companies actively reducing the amount of boats sailing.. = more delays.

Another example - Our current shipment ( due on the 16th September ) has had its docking date in Brisbane changed 4 times now... It had its departure date changed 3 times from the shipping company...

So, in general, we have taken this stance to try and avoid disappointment and chosen rather than to put sales first, try and deal with the global situation with as much clarity as we can for our customers.

And, if we have missed your emails... Sorry... our inboxes are slightly insane these days.

RJ

Jpez

Down on the left!
Globally all bike companies are being as transparent as they can be and IMO Transition is handling this as well if not better than most.

We committed early to take smaller shipments ( obviously increasing our costs - but not passing this on ) rather than waiting for FCL's to be ready to try and keep some flow of bikes moving with out larger delays ... " Better to keep some happy than not"

It"s not so much frustration from us, basically from our stand point as a company, we have chosen to not make promises we may not be able to keep, and this goes right down the line from how we expect our dealers to act currently as well.
Yeah of course we want to sell you that new ride... but what we don't want to do is make that promise that may or may not happen in that set time line. Totally frustrating for all involved but as a company ( and I own Supersports ) we have chosen to try and be as clear and as open as possible.

I have heard way too many " yeah we can supply " but not until November next year stories from plenty of customers and brands etc.
Now, we could do that if we choose to, we know exactly what we are expecting in any date frame so far in front at this point, that it could easily happen. We have scheduled shipments into AUS right now up to March 2022.

There are so many moving factors in the line, and everything "usually" is clockwork... but this is simply not the case anymore at this point.. an example per say ... Factory is expected to receive x amount of group sets on a given week.. these to be built into bikes... our schedule states that we are getting x amount of these ( obviously shared globally ) - Problem ... x amount total does not arrive , is delayed and only half turn up... assembly happens and we now have a lesser x amount to be shared globally.
Add to that , shipping delays etc... port shutdowns and global shipping companies actively reducing the amount of boats sailing.. = more delays.

Another example - Our current shipment ( due on the 16th September ) has had its docking date in Brisbane changed 4 times now... It had its departure date changed 3 times from the shipping company...

So, in general, we have taken this stance to try and avoid disappointment and chosen rather than to put sales first, try and deal with the global situation with as much clarity as we can for our customers.

And, if we have missed your emails... Sorry... our inboxes are slightly insane these days.

RJ
Thanks for the explanation! I didn’t mean to say Transition themselves were the issue. Just that they were copping it like everyone else and causing knock ons.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

RJ
Thanks for the candid insight into the current state of play @xero. Appreciate hearing straight from the source.

Gotta say, while it'd be massively difficult with the amount of extra communications/work that it creates for you guys, I really appreciate this approach. Much better than taking a deposit then playing moving goalposts, where the customer's left wondering if/when their order will arrive and having money tied up in something that doesn't exist yet.

Last edited:

xero

Supersports
Thanks for the explanation! I didn’t mean to say Transition themselves were the issue. Just that they were copping it like everyone else and causing knock ons.
All good, i definitely was not implying that you were saying that TR was the issue... Its just crazy times ... 20 plus years in this game and i have never seen anything like it...

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My experience with supersports has been nothing but positive.

Didn't want a deposit or any cash to change hands until they could give an accurate date on the arrival.

All emails were responded to within 24hrs, usually within the hour.

I just grew impatient looking at my stack of parts for so long and the meta was available sooner, or so I thought.

However Xero just reached out and my frame is off the coast of Brisbane so I am back on the spire wagon as that was my first choice.

Will update this thread when it's built.

xero

Supersports
My experience with supersports has been nothing but positive.

Didn't want a deposit or any cash to change hands until they could give an accurate date on the arrival.

All emails were responded to within 24hrs, usually within the hour.

I just grew impatient looking at my stack of parts for so long and the meta was available sooner, or so I thought.

However Xero just reached out and my frame is off the coast of Brisbane so I am back on the spire wagon as that was my first choice.

Will update this thread when it's built.

You know, I would of happily kept it for myself ! ... So if you change your mind.....