Front rim - sun ringle Duroc 35 w Ard inserts

Rear wheel - sun ringle Duroc 35 w Ard inserts
Tyres - assegai exo plus front, minion dhf exo+
Total weight - 16.2kg

Attachments

Last edited:

jrewing

Eats Squid
great build, & not heavy for a big bike..how’s the magura veyRon?
Veyron post is not bad. Slowish but it's 4yrs old now and 3rd frame it's been in. Undo, put in tighten, go. Love it for that.
I might have rounded down on the weight......

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Veyron post is not bad. Slowish but it's 4yrs old now and 3rd frame it's been in. Undo, put in tighten, go. Love it for that.
I might have rounded down on the weight......
Chopstix is that you?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Thank Christ for that. One of my fave bikes ever, and in my limited experience, sure doesn’t ride heavy.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Frame - meta AM 29 XL
Rear shock - Super duper deluxe
Front shock/fork - fox 36 170mm smashpot converted
Handlebars - joystick 800mm
Stem - renthal apex 40mm
Grips - glow in the dark odi
Saddle - fabric
Seatpost - magura 125 vyron
Front brake - xtr/saint
Rear brake - slx/xtr
Cranks - slx
Chainguide - commencal
Pedals - plastic nukeproof
Rear derailleur - xt 11spd
Rear shifter - xt
Cassette - 11-40
Front rim - sun ringle Duroc 35 w Ard inserts

Rear wheel - sun ringle Duroc 35 w Ard inserts
Tyres - assegai exo plus front, aggressor DD rear
Total weight - 13.4kg
Wow that's very light! I don't think mine is that light (and it's S too). I should weigh mine and post a pic here.

Agree the bike climbs really well for a 170/160 enduro bike. I was blown away when i rode it.

jrewing

Eats Squid
But certainly doesn’t ride like it in my limited experience.
Gram counting is for people who don’t really ride, and don’t enjoy it when they do.
Nope sure doesn’t feel it riding.
I use to be mega weight conscious in the old days until it made the bike too light and unstable. Metas like riding a cloud. Jumps so good too

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Nope sure doesn’t feel it riding.
I use to be mega weight conscious in the old days until it made the bike too light and unstable. Metas like riding a cloud. Jumps so good too
My Sentinel weighs a metric shit-load but I only notice it when lifting it onto the car. I reckon it helps through the rock gardens and chunder.
Actually, I maybe feel it when try to put power down out of corners. I kept skipping leg day in my 20’s and put the time into my arms and shoulders. Great for the ladies, not so good for powering out of a corner 20 years later :(

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
But certainly doesn’t ride like it in my limited experience.
Gram counting is for people who don’t really ride, and don’t enjoy it when they do.
I'm not a gram counter. I'm on an aluminium Remedy 8 and absolutely love the thing. No interest in going back to carbon to save 500g or so....... But there is a limit.

moorey

call me Mia
I'm not a gram counter. I'm on an aluminium Remedy 8 and absolutely love the thing. No interest in going back to carbon to save 500g or so....... But there is a limit.
I was largely just stirring the weight weenies.

Sure, there’s a limit, but I think it’s a lot more about the bike than the weight. I’ve had light XC bikes that climbed terribly. I’m not fussed about weight these days. Much more interested in the feel of a bike, and confidence in its durability. Would take a solidly built meta over a 13kg wonder Enduro bike any day.