Commuting without lights? Is it the new trend.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Haakon was that +4 or -4 ?
I dont care how cold it is but not keen on cold + wet.
commuting without lights is a dying art.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
The advent of rain radar has massively improved my commuter rides as I can dodge the worst of the rain now.
Worst was about 2 months ago when Yarrawonga was out and a huge thunderstorm moved in.
I had to lay down next to a fence to avoid being fried by lightning and about 15mm fell , was as wet as a shag +/_ the rock .

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Haakon was that +4 or -4 ?
I dont care how cold it is but not keen on cold + wet.
commuting without lights is a dying art.
That was meant to be positive 4. But many a morning commute has been minus 4, just not raining at that temp ;)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I just ride in board shorts and a spray jacket. All is dry and ready come home time...except the shoes. :(

Binaural

Eats Squid
I just ride in board shorts and a spray jacket. All is dry and ready come home time...except the shoes. :(
Nothing quite like bog foot to start your ride home, eh? I have never found a shoe cover that would actually keep my feet passably dry, I can live with almost everything else about wet weather commuting.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Nothing quite like bog foot to start your ride home, eh? I have never found a shoe cover that would actually keep my feet passably dry, I can live with almost everything else about wet weather commuting.
A while ago I picked up a pair of those neoprene shoes people wear rock fishing and surfing. They worked a treat on wet days but eventually fell apart. They probably aren't any use if you clip in and you do look a bit like a clown.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
A bell on a pushbike is an admission that society is full of ignorant fucking idiots.
I carry one of these. Apparently they still get that ringing in the ears effect.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Believe me board shorts and a spray jacket wouldnt cut it on a winter night in NE Vic.
Thermal layer , Goretex jacket w hood over the hat and helmet , long goretex pants and winter shoes.
Even then water runs down your legs into the shoes.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Believe me board shorts and a spray jacket wouldnt cut it on a winter night in NE Vic.
Thermal layer , Goretex jacket w hood over the hat and helmet , long goretex pants and winter shoes.
Relax! Global warming will solve that issue.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Not much different in far NW Vic, just without the water