comparing concepts. Field archery-Mountain biking.

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
G,day all.
This morning I had an idea pop into my head after thinking about accommodation for an upcoming race.
What if Mountain bike clubs adapted the same method as archery clubs when putting on a race? For those who don't know here is a standard timetable of an archery weekend:

FRIDAY-FRIDAY NIGHT:
Shooters arrive, set up camp in a designated area- both tents and caravans are fine, get dinner on there own accord, ect...
For those that arrive early, they are allowed to use the practice range as long as it is fine with an organizer/ official.

SATURDAY:
Shooters get up, they have the option of buying brekky at the clubhouse or on there own accord (duhh).
8.30am Muster (everyone gets ready to go out on the range).
That day is, all shooting. Archers will do a three arrow round in the morning and a one arrow round in the afternoon.
Around 4.00pm everyone comes back off the course after completing both rounds, (lunch is fitted in between the two) gear goes down eskies get opened and fires are lit, some go off to showers. Mass groups of keen archers tell tales till 6.30pm-7.30pm, then they have the option of going and buying dinner from the clubhouse , dinner is eaten then its back to the fire! Often till early hours of the morning... Swags are hit for the next day!

SUNDAY:
1. 8.00am Muster after breakfast, (available from clubhouse again).
2. Shoot all morning, Sunday is usually just 1 three arrow round or a 2 arrow "both count". This is so people that have traveled from afar can get home before late at night
3. Lunch and presentation at 2.00pm, a raffle is drawn.
4. People leave.

NOTE:
The things I have in bold are those in which I think wouldn't go astray in the sport of downhill/ XC racing. I understand a similar method is used for 24 hour racing?
Some considerations have to made:
1. A clubhouse, expensive, must have power from generator, etc...
2. Area for 200+ riders and all there gear to camp.
3. There are more I can't think of.

On a good note:]
1. Two days are used!
2. Profits are made from Things such as raffles and food prepared by the club.

Thew list goes on...
What do you think?

wsmtbdhvp

NSWMTB, Western Sydney MTB
Comparing concepts

I have just come home from taking a day of work and with others that also took time off work to set up Del Rio. The following happened
FRIDAY-FRIDAY NIGHT:
Riders arrive, set up camp in a designated area- both tents, caravans or in cabins, get dinner on there own accord, or eat at the bistro...
For those that arrive early, they are allowed to walk teh track so the organisers were able to work on the track safely.

SATURDAY:
Riders get up, they have the option of buying brekky at the bistro or on there own accord (duhh).
9am Register opposite Bistro (everyone gets ready to practice).
That day is, riding the course with transport and first aid as many time as you can or like.
Around 4.00pm everyone comes back off the course after practice, (lunch is fitted in between the two) gear goes down eskies get opened and fires are lit, some go off to showers. Mass groups of keen riders till 6.30pm-7.30pm, then they have the option of going and buying dinner from the bistro, dinner is eaten then its back to the fire! Often till early hours of the morning... Swags are hit for the next day!

SUNDAY:
1. 8.00am Muster after breakfast, (available from bistro again).
2. Riding all morning, Sunday is usually practice from 9 am till 11:30, Unfortunately those that have traveled from afar have to wait as we try to get approx 200 riders down the hill at 30 second intervals hopefully with out anyone injured
3. presentation at 3.00pm or 4pm, (a raffle is drawn) downhill is making money in most cases.
4. People leave.
So it almost happen now at some places that hve very good facilities such as Thredbo and Del Rio.

NOTE:
The things I have in bold are those in which I think wouldn't go astray in the sport of downhill/ XC racing. I understand a similar method is used for 24 hour racing?
Some considerations have to made:
1. A clubhouse, expensive, must have power from generator, etc...
True only CORC teh biggest club in Australia would have even dreamed of this, WSMTB the 2nd biggest has never discussed this, sorry no money.
2. Area for 200+ riders and all there gear to camp.
In NSW/ACT Thredbo, 3 CORC sites, Port Macquarie, Pacific Park, Del Rio and in the future AWABA, Lithgow, possibly Wollongong.
3. There are more I can't think of.
Access to land for tracks, riding in national parks, state recreation areas, reserves, press coverage, televison coverage, training, coaching,

On a good note:]
1. Two days are used!
2. Profits are made from Things such as raffles and food prepared by the club.
Yes raffles are good and The Bike Shed Mortdale raised about $400 last year with a raffle at the AWABA State DH Champs, thanks the hard working raffle ticket sellers.
Unfortunately the food handlers certificate is required by a lot of venues and this limits and at a lot of others there is a licence to supply on the venue.

Thew list goes on...
What do you think?
Thanks for the thought and well done.