Complimentary exercise?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
My other sport is sailing, which gives a pretty varied full body workout, which changes in intensity depending on the weather of the day. Light weather is pretty tame physically, although you sometimes need to be a bit of a contortionist to get into a position to optimally balance the boat, so good flexibility is useful. It's quite taxing mentally, because you really need to think about what you're doing to keep the boat moving. As the breeze gets up it gets more physically demanding, with a mix of short bursts of dynamic action, and extended static exercise, with small, constant corrections.

I also do a fair bit of canoeing/kayaking, particularly during off-season from sailing to keep the upper body tuned up. My local creek has about 8km of navigable, but flat water, so good for getting distance up, or using segments between bridges I can do more intense efforts and work on stroke power and efficiency. There are also some good, not too hard-core white water sections on the Yarra in Melbourne's outer suburbs, so I can have fun there without having to go too far.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
My other sport is sailing, which gives a pretty varied full body workout, which changes in intensity depending on the weather of the day.
Raced Lasers (fleet) and Pacers (teams) as a teen, absolutely loved it and miss it. Spend a day out in 30kts though and your abs will know about it! Not exactly a low-investment option as a second sport though... :oops:

cammas

Seamstress
I do the les mills balance classes at my local gym, its an hour mix of Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates to music. Helps a lot with the core strength and maintaining flexibility.
I am not motivated to do anything at home so I need to get out of the house and into a class to exercise or else I just waste time.
I also do a bit of weights and the body pump class but found that this made me too tired to ride.
I did these classes for a while a few years ago and found they worked well.
Took the eldest boy along to a few classes when he was racing downhill but teenage boy, tracky dacks and Pilates/yoga class umm... let’s say he was embarrassed and told me he didn’t want to go back anymore.

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did these classes for a while a few years ago and found they worked well.
Took the eldest boy along to a few classes when he was racing downhill but teenage boy, tracky dacks and Pilates/yoga class umm... let’s say he was embarrassed and told me he didn’t want to go back anymore.
Yes I tried to take my daughters as well and they tell me it is a class for old women.

I did my wife’s pump class yesterday and the body will hurt on today’s ride.