Confessions from the fuckwits

Minlak

custom titis
So..... been too lazy to strip, clean and fix the Smuggler after the Epic Weekend and I needed to set out the course for our next XCO race so I took the TransAm. I haven't used this much for one reason or another so didn't really have it "Sorted". It has a 32t front ring as it's meant for bike paths and fire roads and I usually run a 30t. First climb I get to that needs a lower gear and I smash it down a few gears and bam! Chain is off the back of the cassette and wedged into the spokes and cassette with no chance of getting it out. Maybe I should have paid more attention to the limit screws?

4km hike a bike is a good reminder I guess......

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
So..... been too lazy to strip, clean and fix the Smuggler after the Epic Weekend and I needed to set out the course for our next XCO race so I took the TransAm. I haven't used this much for one reason or another so didn't really have it "Sorted". It has a 32t front ring as it's meant for bike paths and fire roads and I usually run a 30t. First climb I get to that needs a lower gear and I smash it down a few gears and bam! Chain is off the back of the cassette and wedged into the spokes and cassette with no chance of getting it out. Maybe I should have paid more attention to the limit screws?

Did you try prying it out with this?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

That's a MasterCard moment right there.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I figure when on the trail and you just have your hands and strategic sticks, and minimal real tools, like hammers for example, the chances of making a sh1t sandwich even worse aren't that great.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Moorey caught me posting this "elsewhere".
He's right - it belongs here.

"Every second farkin' time I go for a ride I put my camel back pack on & do all the friggin straps up just right & get it all sorted with the tube 'n shit.....& then find keys / wallet /snack /....whatever....sitting on the car seat or the bench & have to take it off & do it all again!!"

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
....the chances of making a sh1t sandwich even worse aren't that great.
Ahh yes, my favourite type of 'wit. The Murphy Fuckwit. I've been a devoted disciple of Clan Murphy since the life-changing logic was first explained to me as a young boy.
Please, continue with your logic....I look forward to many more posts here.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ahh yes, my favourite type of 'wit. The Murphy Fuckwit. I've been a devoted disciple of Clan Murphy since the life-changing logic was first explained to me as a young boy.
Please, continue with your logic....I look forward to many more posts here.
Ha ha, notwithstanding the arbvious sarc, to be sure dear fellow 'wit, based on me wee history it is arguable enough I can do more damage to mah gear in the shed than on tha trail and don't need nobody named Marphy to help me oot with that.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Ha ha, notwithstanding the arbvious sarc, to be sure dear fellow 'wit, based on me wee history it is arguable enough I can do more damage to mah gear in the shed than on tha trail and don't need nobody named Marphy to help me oot with that.
Murphy is Irish, that accent is (terrible) Scottish.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

safreek

And the bike was named! Pink Bits rides again.
classic name, TAKEN. Had a proper look at it a couple of days ago and its not as bad as first thought. Fork holds air but has staunchion damage, still works. Rear shock holds air and does not seem fuct. Slx shifters and cranks.
Meet pink bits
pinky 1.jpg

safreek

also didn't do a basic check of the cannondale before going on the new Italy ride, stuck in the big ring all the way, now that made life hard, also found out that a 5 km ride a week before a bigger ride is probably not adequate. Was pretty pissed off that there were no magpies to dodge :loco: But on a good note I did beat a couple of kids, that made my day