Confessions from the fuckwits

Mica

Likes Dirt
I let my cheapskate brain win over my logical brain and mixed a set of spd pedals into my fleet with atacs. Took a lot longer to happen than I thought but packed the wrong shoes today, guess I'm riding in sneakers.

F'wit!

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I let my cheapskate brain win over my logical brain and mixed a set of spd pedals into my fleet with atacs. Took a lot longer to happen than I thought but packed the wrong shoes today, guess I'm riding in sneakers.

F'wit!
Ha ha! Yep. It's funny how you kinda know yourself sometimes.
I recently switched to SPD from 18 months on flats. I deliberately ordered the pedal model with a cage around it because I just knew there was a possibility of forgetting the shoes somewhere one day!

Rodders

Likes Dirt
Ha ha! Yep. It's funny how you kinda know yourself sometimes.
I recently switched to SPD from 18 months on flats. I deliberately ordered the pedal model with a cage around it because I just knew there was a possibility of forgetting the shoes somewhere one day!
With the spd/platform combo, can someone explain how you actually engage the platform when you have several mm's of clipless pedal above it? With a CB Mallet pedal it seems you could wrangle at least 50% of your foot on the platform because the cleat is relatively small but I'd love to know how you manage to make proper use of the others or am I just a farkwit?

ozdavo

Likes Dirt
With the spd/platform combo, can someone explain how you actually engage the platform when you have several mm's of clipless pedal above it? With a CB Mallet pedal it seems you could wrangle at least 50% of your foot on the platform because the cleat is relatively small but I'd love to know how you manage to make proper use of the others or am I just a farkwit?
They work a lot better with (slightly) more flexible type clipless shoes (510's etc, rather than XC style), where they give more support to more of the foot. Also they allow confidence in situations where you have momentarily clipped out at speed, then don't get the clip in perfect.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

hakka

Likes Dirt
Tried for 10 minutes to bleed a brake then realised the syringes were on the front lever and rear caliper.

stewyh

Likes Dirt
Went for a lap at Buxton today. Loaded up Runtastic app on phone like usual and chucked it in right pocket. Forgot to turn screen off didn't I? Did a few ks and wondered why phone was making way more irritating noises than usual. Stopped to have a squizz. My sweaty leg had done a top job of randomly fucking with shit. Not only had the Runtastic app closed but I'd received several texts congratulating me on joining "flirtysinglesexbabeswanttochat.com" or some such shit. There were also about 20 random new apps downloading and a bunch of "chart topping ringtones" downloading from some subscription site I'd never heard of.
I've never texted the word STOP so many times in one day!

Twelve

Likes Dirt
Went for a lap at Buxton today. Loaded up Runtastic app on phone like usual and chucked it in right pocket. Forgot to turn screen off didn't I? Did a few ks and wondered why phone was making way more irritating noises than usual. Stopped to have a squizz. My sweaty leg had done a top job of randomly fucking with shit. Not only had the Runtastic app closed but I'd received several texts congratulating me on joining "flirtysinglesexbabeswanttochat.com" or some such shit. There were also about 20 random new apps downloading and a bunch of "chart topping ringtones" downloading from some subscription site I'd never heard of.
I've never texted the word STOP so many times in one day!
I did the same when I first tried Strava. Pretty much the same deal, lots of random ringtones, only for me to take my phone out of my pocket and see that I was on a face time call with someone that I hadn't spoken with in over a year. A little awkward to say the least.

stewyh

Likes Dirt
I did the same when I first tried Strava. Pretty much the same deal, lots of random ringtones, only for me to take my phone out of my pocket and see that I was on a face time call with someone that I hadn't spoken with in over a year. A little awkward to say the least.
Hahaha! Wasn't an ex was it?

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Realised halfway through my commute to work I left my bike lock at home as I swapped backpacks, not the first time this has happened! Now have a growing collection of cheap bike locks...that never are with me! Haha!

Last edited:

safreek

attempted wheelie from kitchen through to lounge room, clipped the coffee table and went over because thong got stuck on pedal spikes, handlebars barely tap front of tv and it takes out half the picture. Did not make it to the third part of the trip which was a roll down the stairs. Grandson was highly amused, prob not impressed by my riding skills though, nor was I

scblack

Leucocholic
attempted wheelie from kitchen through to lounge room, clipped the coffee table and went over because thong got stuck on pedal spikes, handlebars barely tap front of tv and it takes out half the picture. Did not make it to the third part of the trip which was a roll down the stairs. Grandson was highly amused, prob not impressed by my riding skills though, nor was I
Haha, you deserved that!

Good work...
:clap2:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Confessions from the fuck wits

Were you sober?

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
How to impress the family on a bike indoors :)

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is very good thread material, hat tipped to you good sir. Was there a 90 deg corner or straight line?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A Christmas miracle! I wish there was footage of this masterpiece.

safreek

Haha, you deserved that!

Good work...
:clap2:
well, yes, yes I did
Were you sober?
no drugs or alcohol involved
How to impress the family on a bike indoors :)
fortunately only grandson was there, not the son. He would of just shook his head, bit of a stiff I must say, good lad though
This is very good thread material, hat tipped to you good sir. Was there a 90 deg corner or straight line?
no, no corners involved, just bad riding ability
A Christmas miracle! I wish there was footage of this masterpiece.
so do I, unfortunately spur of the moment thing