Confessions from the fuckwits

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wanting to get motivated for years, yes, really.... to service the dropper post, then tonight in frustration took the dropper off my bike to motivate me to send it in for a service, found original box and bam, saw the original owners manual with full breakdown of how to service them at home !!!!

Now I did find how to manuals online which were home users , but never a mention of a service manual with the original purchase.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

4wdphil

Likes Bikes
Just unscrewed and then tried to pull apart my Fox RP23 and found it a bit hard by hand so attached the bottom eyelet in a vice and started pulling on the top eyelet. A lesson for young players here is that those two eyelets are connected by a very strong shaft and no amount of pulling on those is going to remove that air sleeve on the outside.:doh:

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
swapping old (V) brakes from one frame to another, unscrewing he brake bolt...hmmm that seems a bit odd... crap, I've unscrewed the stud with the bolt seized in it. Berg! Now have to get the bolt out so I can put the brake on the other frame and the stud back in this frame. Seem to recall something similar when I last did this :frusty: dumbass

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I dunno, they seem to know what they're talking about, at least. And you have to admit, it makes a refreshing change from some muppet asking $1500 for a bike that probably cost half that brand new when the person they stole it from bought it ten years ago.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Confession from last Thursday:

Heading down the top section of track 14 from Stockyards car park, wondering why I'm struggling to get traction with my front wheel. Get to the bottom of the section, realize I've had my fork locked out the whole time.

wavike

Likes Dirt

Heading down the top section of track 14 from Stockyards car park, wondering why I'm struggling to get traction with my front wheel. Get to the bottom of the section, realize I've had my fork locked out the whole time.
You'll have plenty of company with that one. Down one of my local trails, not steep - get to the bottom and think, geezz that trail has got rough. Nope just fork locked out after the climb up.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You'll have plenty of company with that one. Down one of my local trails, not steep - get to the bottom and think, geezz that trail has got rough. Nope just fork locked out after the climb up.
Yup. Stupid lockouts. Who thought of that idea?

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Days of blowing sealants, teflon tape and all kinds of what I thought where smart attempts at making a DIY air cannister for tubeless. I did get it to work in the end but it was a pain and needed to be used within about a minute or the pressure dropped too much. I was just about to pull it apart and get out the epoxy when I realised that it was about the size one of my SCUBA tanks. Hello palm, meet forehead. A couple of O rings over the valve stem, whack the BC inflater over it and done in seconds. I have thought about and worked on a solution for about a week and the whole time it was single figure metres from where I was working and in plain sight.

pliskin

Likes Dirt
Decided to go for a quick ride with a mate at Bruce Ridge. just finish adjusting pressure , goto removes the pump head and manage to snap off the top of the presta valve.
watch wheel quickly deflate just as mate turns up.
/shakes head.

quick trip down the road to get new tube.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Days of blowing sealants, teflon tape and all kinds of what I thought where smart attempts at making a DIY air cannister for tubeless. I did get it to work in the end but it was a pain and needed to be used within about a minute or the pressure dropped too much. I was just about to pull it apart and get out the epoxy when I realised that it was about the size one of my SCUBA tanks. Hello palm, meet forehead. A couple of O rings over the valve stem, whack the BC inflater over it and done in seconds. I have thought about and worked on a solution for about a week and the whole time it was single figure metres from where I was working and in plain sight.
Constant 140psi sure is handy. You can get adapters to go from Scuba inflator to nitto or bsp fittings for about 20 bucks on eBay too.

safreek

bought an old bike ( cove shocker) went with allen keys and sundry tools to take of the wheels to fit into the car, got the axles out and the wheels still would not come out, had to drop the forks to fit it in. shall incude photos shortly so you all can have a laff about my inabilities with bikes

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
bought an old bike ( cove shocker) went with allen keys and sundry tools to take of the wheels to fit into the car, got the axles out and the wheels still would not come out, had to drop the forks to fit it in. shall incude photos shortly so you all can have a laff about my inabilities with bikes
Did the vendor not show you how to do it? They my be the fuckwit here

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah

Hahahaha guess what I did again today? (Different section, same fuckwittery)