Confessions from the fuckwits

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Nope, I think he means page four of the general discussion board. Which means that there's either been lots of activity in general discussion or comparatively less confessions.

Jpez

Down on the left!
So I got myself a shock wiz for my new bike. Set up the shock fine and move to the fork. Steep learning curve if your suspension Fu is not on point.
So I changed a few settings and take it down the trail. Come in hot over a large rock (Split rock on Cressy for those that know the Youis) and instead of flying over it like normal my fork takes a dive and I go OTB. mildly sprained wrist (left) . Figured Id just run out of talent for the day so tuck my tail between my legs and head home.
Next week out I think Fuck you rock so I head back up to top of Cressy first run and head on down. Round the corner, up the rock at warp, it had been raining so was wet, slid slightly got my weight over the bike all spazz and once again I go OTB. What the fuck? two times in as many weeks in the same spot.
This time I manage to fracture my other wrist (right) not badly though, and my knee pad slid down and i lost a 50cent piece sized chunk of flesh. So Ive got two fucked up wrists, a hole in my knee and off the bike for 6 weeks.
Again I thought Id just ran out of talent, its a new bike I'm just not used to it etc which is all true. So a few days later Im standing there staring at this bike and realise..
The shock wiz had told me to take out a couple of tokens. for which i obeyed. I neglected to re check the sag or air pressure so didn't realise the forks were as soft as baby shit and I was riding a tooth smashing machine. I remember thinking that the fork was diving on braking in the first couple of berms.
yes I am a fuckwit.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Did the bike cop a beating in your efforts?
Not overly, a few scratches on the Guides RS's and stem bolts. I cushioned it quite well.
I gave it a beating on its first day out when I jammed the lyric against a rock and gouged the lowers! thought Id get it out of the way.
wow - that sucks Jpez. shit way to start Summer.
What can you do but laugh right. Luckily the wrist isn't too painful but being off the bike is killing me.

MarioM

Likes Dirt
In the excitement of putting a fox 34 160 on the Mondraker and wondering just why it didn`t feel right ( binding ) not once but three times with lots of swearing did I realise that I did not put the crown race on ! Only after half an hour did I look on the bench next to me before the penny dropped .

Mica

Likes Dirt
Packing the bike today and the long travel forks/slack geometry struggle to fit it my old bag. Smart idea to let the air out and compress the forks. Works a treat.

Here’s the fuckwit part...didn’t do that a few months back when I last packed it up and removed the forks so it all fit. Wrecked headset as I didn’t secure it properly and a bunch of marks from having to jam everything in and the ruff and tumble of travel.

LTIL - the new hope headset and packing the bike for some fresh trails. VIC and TAS here I come!!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Packing the bike today and the long travel forks/slack geometry struggle to fit it my old bag. Smart idea to let the air out and compress the forks. Works a treat.

Here’s the fuckwit part...didn’t do that a few months back when I last packed it up and removed the forks so it all fit. Wrecked headset as I didn’t secure it properly and a bunch of marks from having to jam everything in and the ruff and tumble of travel.

LTIL - the new hope headset and packing the bike for some fresh trails. VIC and TAS here I come!!
You need an EVOC. After lots of travelling I bit the bullet and bought 2. Just got back from NZ and both my partner's bike and mine are perfect.

Mica

Likes Dirt
EVOCs et al are nice and i do have access to them but man I love the old ground effect tardis.

Main two points are lightweight so no excess baggage and packs up to nothing. It’s pretty nice to get to the destination and not have a large bag/box to deal with. Got a pretty good system of padding the bike with clothes etc in plastic bags. Once unpacked everything (including the tardis) fits in a small duffle I also use for padding. Makes it possible to jump on the bike and carry everything I have on my back. Makes small transfers and internal travel a breeze. Just have to not be too precious re the bike...

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
EVOCs et al are nice and i do have access to them but man I love the old ground effect tardis.

Main two points are lightweight so no excess baggage and packs up to nothing. It’s pretty nice to get to the destination and not have a large bag/box to deal with. Got a pretty good system of padding the bike with clothes etc in plastic bags. Once unpacked everything (including the tardis) fits in a small duffle I also use for padding. Makes it possible to jump on the bike and carry everything I have on my back. Makes small transfers and internal travel a breeze. Just have to not be too precious re the bike...
Always plus and minuses with everything, true. But I do love the way that the EVOC bag really holds and protects everything in there by various means. No wheels hitting frames etc and HEAPS of space for extras. Makes it fast to break down and set up bikes, but like you say it doesn't pack down.

teK--

Eats Squid
I was going to buy the Evoc but then came across the Biknd Jetpack on special. It has a rigid chassis on the bottom side with a sliding rail and various spacers so you can clamp the fork and frame dropouts into the bag. Keeps the dropouts from being damaged and the frame from bouncing around. . There also inflatable compartments for cushioning.

safreek

Wow! I had to search all the way to page 4 to find this...I suspect there are a few of you skipping confession.

After a smashing day on the trails I decided to treat myself to laying on the lounge for a few hours unable to shower and head out for dinner. When I finally managed to get clean I was stuck with some limited food options and didn't want to end up back at old faithful for a 1030 dinner 2 nights in a row. Naturally I chose a kebab. It was enjoyable and some cool young kids also eating at the kebab shop decided my name should be Jared. Fuck that kids Jared is a ranger!

Anyway after working all of that out I go to unlock my bike and ride away...fuck me!!! I've left my fucking keys at home. Over to the taxi rank at the pub and off we go. $20 each way and the driver cut me a deal of $30 cash. I'm guessing this is something they do as an attempt to combat uber? This is the first taxi I have caught in about a year.
Now, Jared would certainly offend me,.but if justice prevails he is still getting foot longers for free

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I was going to buy the Evoc but then came across the Biknd Jetpack on special. It has a rigid chassis on the bottom side with a sliding rail and various spacers so you can clamp the fork and frame dropouts into the bag. Keeps the dropouts from being damaged and the frame from bouncing around. . There also inflatable compartments for cushioning.
I've run the Biknd for a couple of years now and fully rate it, has the added bonus of packing down to slightly smaller than a set of golf clubs which is quite managable.