Confessions from the fuckwits

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Confession: I've purchased a Banshee prime frame in medium with the big arse drop out (148 X 12), 29er.

I have no business building a bike, I don't even know if I have the right frame size.

Dafuq is zero stack ???????
Zero stack (ZS) is the type of headset cup. ZS and external cup (EC) are good. Integrated is bad.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Zero stack (ZS) is the type of headset cup. ZS and external cup (EC) are good. Integrated is bad.

Why is integrated worse than the others or are you joking? (Genuine question, I don’t know the difference.....now googling)

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The headset cups are integrated into the frame. So you can't use angle adjusting headsets and the bearing seats can't be replaced if you screw up.

This has been a big decision for me, I'm selling my beloved VTR to finance this bike.

I've had so much fun on the VTR, I've never found a motor bike that I would replace it with, I've had it for coming up to 18 years, its in great nick and a joy to ride. But, motorbikes are as dangerous as fuck and to me they is only fun when you are on the fang.

But I have no one to ride with any more, and to be honest if I have spare time I'll spend it surfing or on the mtb. I don't like seeing the boy off the road coz he loves to ride, and I feel like a kid "belting" around in da bush.

I have a stressful job and I see a lot of dudes my age that are bloated lumbering corpses, sure I have a slight build but cycling has made me stay reasonably fit, eat properly, button off my drinking, and I get to share good times in the dirt with my kids.

When I was a kid we converted our dragsters to bmx when that was a thing and made tracks in the bush, when we graduated to racing bikes we'd ride them on the fire trails, when mountain bikes became a thing we bought rigid frame POS and rode them. It's fucking good to be back and I'm frothin to get this bike sorted.

No, I am sober, this is just a stream of consciousness.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Banshee are an awesome brand. I love their design ethos. And the solid, reliable builds designed to last more than a season.

Ditto on the moto front. Nobody to ride with and the feeling of impending doom resonates with me. Haven’t touched mine in a few months and am now looking to sell it on. Every spare second I have for me time is spent reaching for my mtb, the KTM’s just sitting gathering dust.

Enjoy the new rig man!

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Same, I've only kept mine for the kids to play on, can't see myself riding or racing them again in the next few years, and I said I'd race them again next year, 5yrs ago!

Bike trailer is still handy, it scooped up my friends 98 vtr that dropped a valve a few months back. Think he said it had 180k on the engine (rebuilt at 100k). Not bad but sourcing a 2nd engine has proved cost prohibitive.

PJO

in me vL comy
Application to join the FWT

Experience:
25+ years of general hacking into wood, and metal. Can hack the garden pretty well with secateurs. Awesome at desk jobs.

Academic qualifications:
Me dad taught me how to do righty tighty and lefty loosey, what more do you need?!

Relevant skills:
Over confident, impatient, and time poor

Specifics: Decided to bleed some Shimano brakes 'cause they were more than 3 years since I bought them and hadn't been bled once, didn't really need to but thought I should.
Put bike in stand, remove front wheel and brake pads (going well so far), spread pistons and insert bleed block.
Fill syringe with mineral oil and put over bleed nipple (check), screw bleed cup into lever on the same side as the caliper (anyone spot the problem).
Crack the bleed screw and try to push fluid through, nothing, nada, syringe wont depress and nothing coming out the top, WTF!! Open the bleed screw wider, still nothing! Fuck, fuck, fuck, WHat! Try squeezing lever, nothing coming out caliper, brake feels normal, what?!
Then it dawns on me, turns out (for those who spotted it earlier) I had put the cup in the rear brake lever while trying to bleed the front caliper.
After I hooked up the right lever, all went smoothly and turns out the mineral oil was pristine, so was just wasting my time!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
S
This has been a big decision for me, I'm selling my beloved VTR to finance this bike.

I've had so much fun on the VTR, I've never found a motor bike that I would replace it with, I've had it for coming up to 18 years, its in great nick and a joy to ride. But, motorbikes are as dangerous as fuck and to me they is only fun when you are on the fang.

But I have no one to ride with any more, and to be honest if I have spare time I'll spend it surfing or on the mtb. I don't like seeing the boy off the road coz he loves to ride, and I feel like a kid "belting" around in da bush.

I have a stressful job and I see a lot of dudes my age that are bloated lumbering corpses, sure I have a slight build but cycling has made me stay reasonably fit, eat properly, button off my drinking, and I get to share good times in the dirt with my kids.

When I was a kid we converted our dragsters to bmx when that was a thing and made tracks in the bush, when we graduated to racing bikes we'd ride them on the fire trails, when mountain bikes became a thing we bought rigid frame POS and rode them. It's fucking good to be back and I'm frothin to get this bike sorted.

No, I am sober, this is just a stream of consciousness.
Same reason I sold my modified ZX10R.....