Confessions from the fuckwits

Minlak

custom titis
This has been a big decision for me, I'm selling my beloved VTR to finance this bike.

I've had so much fun on the VTR, I've never found a motor bike that I would replace it with, I've had it for coming up to 18 years, its in great nick and a joy to ride. But, motorbikes are as dangerous as fuck and to me they is only fun when you are on the fang.

But I have no one to ride with any more, and to be honest if I have spare time I'll spend it surfing or on the mtb. I don't like seeing the boy off the road coz he loves to ride, and I feel like a kid "belting" around in da bush.

I have a stressful job and I see a lot of dudes my age that are bloated lumbering corpses, sure I have a slight build but cycling has made me stay reasonably fit, eat properly, button off my drinking, and I get to share good times in the dirt with my kids.

When I was a kid we converted our dragsters to bmx when that was a thing and made tracks in the bush, when we graduated to racing bikes we'd ride them on the fire trails, when mountain bikes became a thing we bought rigid frame POS and rode them. It's fucking good to be back and I'm frothin to get this bike sorted.

No, I am sober, this is just a stream of consciousness.
S

Same reason I sold my modified ZX10R.....
I was doing 175km/h in 1st gear going past the local Bunnings (60 zone) on the GSXr 1000 when the epiphany hit me as well. Sold the bike the next week haven't owned a motorbike since :(

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I was doing 175km/h in 1st gear going past the local Bunnings (60 zone) on the GSXr 1000 when the epiphany hit me as well. Sold the bike the next week haven't owned a motorbike since :(
Just reading these posts re sportsbikes is kinda reassuring & hard at the same time....
I'm in the same boat as Mr Jobs semi-vital organ.

Had my FZ1 for many years - it was my first brand new 1000cc fuck-it-I-don't-care-I-just-want-one purchase.
I absolutely love the bike & love riding it. I have spent quite a lot on upgrades & mods too.
.BUT....
I spend more time on the duallie these days...and Tassie is pumping with new trails at the mo.
I rarely ride the FZ with anyone else (although I'm going on group ride next month....rare though....)
I have a young family, I hate the risk factor on the crotch rocket.
I can, and do, ride quite fast at times....that's always where the buzz is.

Logically I should let it go & buy a better mtn bike (funnily enough it would likely be a Banshee Prime!)....but I just can't do it yet.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
This has been a big decision for me, I'm selling my beloved VTR to finance this bike.

I've had so much fun on the VTR, I've never found a motor bike that I would replace it with, I've had it for coming up to 18 years, its in great nick and a joy to ride. But, motorbikes are as dangerous as fuck and to me they is only fun when you are on the fang.

But I have no one to ride with any more, and to be honest if I have spare time I'll spend it surfing or on the mtb. I don't like seeing the boy off the road coz he loves to ride, and I feel like a kid "belting" around in da bush.

I have a stressful job and I see a lot of dudes my age that are bloated lumbering corpses, sure I have a slight build but cycling has made me stay reasonably fit, eat properly, button off my drinking, and I get to share good times in the dirt with my kids.

When I was a kid we converted our dragsters to bmx when that was a thing and made tracks in the bush, when we graduated to racing bikes we'd ride them on the fire trails, when mountain bikes became a thing we bought rigid frame POS and rode them. It's fucking good to be back and I'm frothin to get this bike sorted.

No, I am sober, this is just a stream of consciousness.
.....and I always liked the VTR series. Awesome, underated motorcycles IMO

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I put a friend onto a good deal on a new bike recently. He wanted one "with shockers front and rear". I told him the nitty gritty and he's happy as................but..................his rear shock was bottoming out "every fucking time I ride it" he says. I asked what pressure he had put in his rear shock and he said "Dunno, the tyre gauge on my air compressor didn't say anything".

Yep, he's tried to pump the shock up with an air compressor.

Z

Zaf

I put a friend onto a good deal on a new bike recently. He wanted one "with shockers front and rear". I told him the nitty gritty and he's happy as................but..................his rear shock was bottoming out "every fucking time I ride it" he says. I asked what pressure he had put in his rear shock and he said "Dunno, the tyre gauge on my air compressor didn't say anything".

Should have started him with coils front and rear, but like the good mate you are, you didn't let a friend go #FullEnduro.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them

Well, that's even better than my attempt. Out on the trail I thought I'd do some fine tuning on the rear shock & had my shock pump with me. Rode 1 trail, thought it needed a bit more air so I whip it out and get to work.

3rd pump in, BAM, the hose blows and lets ALL the air out of the shock. I'm in the middle of the bush so it was a fair walk out in Qld summer heat that I wasn't particularly keen on. So I pumped it up with a mini-track pump (with a gauge). I think I got it to around 80 psi before I started to worry that was going to explode too. A very squidgy (and super slow) ride back to the car for me.

Another attempt with pumps: Riding to work & had to take the kid to kindy on the way there. We walk the 1km or so to kindy and I notice about halfway there my back tire is getting a bit flat. Probably a slow leak I tell myself, already running late.
By the time I get him to kindy & do the drop off, it's at the point where I can only ride it if most of my weight is on the front wheel. No worries I tell myself, I'll ride it the slightly less than km to the servo to pump it up, should be enough to get me to work where I have a spare tube (It's a 29'er with 2" tires, plenty of air, and slow leak apparently).
Ride it to servo, flip it, get the pump ready aaaaand presta. Fuck. You think you'd remember something like that.
Next options: ride home, loosing 30min, being extra late and facing the wrath of wife for the f-up so far, or ride on another 2-3km to Anaconda and get a spare tube, pump & levers.
I chose Anaconda. Lo & behold though, they don't open till 9:00 on weekdays, so I was pretty damn late anyway, after waiting out the front for a good while. Eventually got there though. Should have just turned around & changed it when I realised all of 300m from home.

goobags

Likes Dirt

Seating the rear first go and everything lines up, seating the front takes 30 minutes of swearing, tyre off, tyre on, compressor, more swearing, sealant drying all in my leg hairs then finally seating it to see this. I would have preferred if it was back to front, at least then I would have to take it off but I’ll live with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stirk

Burner

Seating the rear first go and everything lines up, seating the front takes 30 minutes of swearing, tyre off, tyre on, compressor, more swearing, sealant drying all in my leg hairs then finally seating it to see this. I would have preferred if it was back to front, at least then I would have to take it off but I’ll live with this one.

Pales in comparison to my losing my son's quick release nut and spring.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt

Lather the tyre beads up with soapy water. Can make it much easier

That being said , Maxxis has always been a C#%T to seat evenly first go for me compared to Schwalbe

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm back. I converted the kid's cruzee to tubed tyres a while back as he was keen on little drops and off road in the park. I ran them soft to add a bit of give but figured they were giving up some top end as a result.

So I pumped them up a bit, from not even registering on my track pump to 40psi each. The tyres are rated to 55.

The bike was outside in the sun on Sunday, and whilst watching the Olympics there was a strange bang and crash noise outside. I ignored it. 30mins later same thing. I went to move the bike later that evening and found both tyres hanging off the rims. I am now guessing the plastic rims were not rated for anything. I got four new tubes...

stirk

Burner
I'm back. I converted the kid's cruzee to tubed tyres a while back as he was keen on little drops and off road in the park. I ran them soft to add a bit of give but figured they were giving up some top end as a result.

So I pumped them up a bit, from not even registering on my track pump to 40psi each. The tyres are rated to 55.

The bike was outside in the sun on Sunday, and whilst watching the Olympics there was a strange bang and crash noise outside. I ignored it. 30mins later same thing. I went to move the bike later that evening and found both tyres hanging off the rims. I am now guessing the plastic rims were not rated for anything. I got four new tubes...
Wishing you went tubeless....

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If I listed all the times I have tried to go tubeless and failed I'd have significantly more of this thread than I already do, but even I didn't attempt that on these plastic rims that barely catch the bead for inflation as is.