Confessions from the fuckwits

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Because they are so much fun! There was this time in Thailand me and a friend were...

Oh wait, hang on, better not get myself banned!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Because they are so much fun! There was this time in Thailand me and a friend were...

Oh wait, hang on, better not get myself banned!
Bah, don't flatter yourself. Everyone knows that story.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bravo sir! Minlak has his work cut out for him now.

Well, after many years, I think from this afternoon I can finally say that I'm part of the club!!

So, it's lowers service time for the X-Fusions, and the absolute BEST thing I've found for Foam Wiper lubrication is the little bit of liquid you get in an almost empty tub to Slicko after it's been in the sun for a while (same as Slick Honey). Alas, my tub of Slicko is pretty new, so is packed full of grease, too much for separation to occur.

No worries I reckon! I'll just chuck a tea-spoon of Slicko in a very small ceramic container (think Creme Brulee dish) and put it in then oven. Surely at 80deg, nothing bad can happen.

So, in it goes and out to the shed I go to remove the lowers and get started. Come back in 10 minutes later to a certain synthetic kinda smell in the kitchen, and an oven with a cute little camp fire in it!!

Shit!

I grab the tongs, put the fan on super high and get that thing outta there! Now I figured that water would be a terribly explosive idea with boiling and on fire grease - I had a little "make my own candle" experiment explode when I was kid (hang on... I obviously didn't learn then!), so as I go to move the container into the sink to then get some dirt from outside to extinguish it...

Uh oh, dropped it into the sink and FIRE FUCKING EVERYWHERE! Detergent bottles melted, soap bottle melted, chopping board melted... Anyway, you get the idea...

Never thought I'd actually HAVE to use the fire extinguisher in the cupboard... But there you go!

Needless to say, the fork seals have now been soaked in 5wt and I'll make sure I keep a MUCH closer eye on things next time. I get the feeling, in hindsight, that the top shelf of the oven was perhaps a bit too hot... Maybe the lower shelf...

What's the worst than could happen! :O

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Well, after many years, I think from this afternoon I can finally say that I'm part of the club!!

So, it's lowers service time for the X-Fusions, and the absolute BEST thing I've found for Foam Wiper lubrication is the little bit of liquid you get in an almost empty tub to Slicko after it's been in the sun for a while (same as Slick Honey). Alas, my tub of Slicko is pretty new, so is packed full of grease, too much for separation to occur.

No worries I reckon! I'll just chuck a tea-spoon of Slicko in a very small ceramic container (think Creme Brulee dish) and put it in then oven. Surely at 80deg, nothing bad can happen.

So, in it goes and out to the shed I go to remove the lowers and get started. Come back in 10 minutes later to a certain synthetic kinda smell in the kitchen, and an oven with a cute little camp fire in it!!

Shit!

I grab the tongs, put the fan on super high and get that thing outta there! Now I figured that water would be a terribly explosive idea with boiling and on fire grease - I had a little "make my own candle" experiment explode when I was kid (hang on... I obviously didn't learn then!), so as I go to move the container into the sink to then get some dirt from outside to extinguish it...

Uh oh, dropped it into the sink and FIRE FUCKING EVERYWHERE! Detergent bottles melted, soap bottle melted, chopping board melted... Anyway, you get the idea...

Never thought I'd actually HAVE to use the fire extinguisher in the cupboard... But there you go!

Needless to say, the fork seals have now been soaked in 5wt and I'll make sure I keep a MUCH closer eye on things next time. I get the feeling, in hindsight, that the top shelf of the oven was perhaps a bit too hot... Maybe the lower shelf...

What's the worst than could happen! :O
Zero to RB Hero in just one post...fuck I laughed.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Went for the first ride in six weeks after FUBARing my shoulder. Bike was rather non-plush, photographic proof that I had the fork locked out the whole ride (took random bike photo halfway along).

Found it locked out at the end, but assumed I’d *just* fiddled with it:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

camo71

Likes Dirt
image.jpg Not mtb related but worthy I think ..
This morning my kids are cleaning their teeth and step on the drain cover which is old and a bit fragile , it snaps and a piece falls in and they run out to tell me freaking out the drain will get clogged .
No worries , I'm pretty lean , ill just reach in and grab the missing peice before it floats away - arm goes in no problem , its deeper than it looks , nek minit stuck to bathroom floor and can't reach peice or get my fkin arm outta the drain ...
Shit I'm thinking fire brigade / hammer drills etc - oh well at least I'm not one of those people with a phone stuck up my arse I console myself .
I get my son to grab some dish washing liquid and water and viola - I'm saved from further humiliation ! Fkn sweet .
Phew - what a fuckwit . My Sunday morning brain didn't think that through at all ... Anyhoo I'm fine , just a bit of a red face and elbow ;)

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Working on a friend's bike, removing the stem and bars to replace with spares of mine because hers are those narrow scooter bars from twenty years ago (bar ends and all!).

Bike's on the stand, I loosen the stem, pull it off, and am startled as hell to see the fork and front wheel drop out of the bike and hang there from the front brake cable because I've only been working on bikes for three and a half decades and apparently know nothing.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Was loading the bike up yesterday for a ride and when I lifted it the front wheel spun a little and I heard a "ting" from the rotor fouling the caliper. I'll be stuffed if I'm listening to that for two hours so I lifted the front wheel for a better listen/look and spun the wheel.

I'm not sure what my brain was thinking when it sent my hand down towards the rotor to feel what I could hear and see, but send it down I did. The ting ting ting was suddenly stopped and replaced with some colourful language as I splattered blood all over the bike from the new slice in my thumb. Yep, confirmed what most people inherently know - don't stop a moving rotor by sticking an appendage between the rotor and the caliper.

...my brain is a dickhead

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
Was loading the bike up yesterday for a ride and when I lifted it the front wheel spun a little and I heard a "ting" from the rotor fouling the caliper. I'll be stuffed if I'm listening to that for two hours so I lifted the front wheel for a better listen/look and spun the wheel.

I'm not sure what my brain was thinking when it sent my hand down towards the rotor to feel what I could hear and see, but send it down I did. The ting ting ting was suddenly stopped and replaced with some colourful language as I splattered blood all over the bike from the new slice in my thumb. Yep, confirmed what most people inherently know - don't stop a moving rotor by sticking an appendage between the rotor and the caliper.

I kinda knew that was coming but didn’t want to read it but couldn’t help myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stirk

Burner

Bikes blooded now, will you call it Christine?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

So much ouch with that one!

link1896

Mr Greenfield

Stumpy, was it a left or right brain failure?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
So much ouch with that one!
Yup, still tingly and slightly numb. Two big slices through the width of my thumb and a nice dent in my thumbnail.

Worth it though, the rubbing disc would have driven me insane :p
Stumpy, was it a left or right brain failure?
Between the two sides they couldn't stop me sticking my thumb in a place a thumb shouldn't go, I'd call them both failures.

Would this be a good time to admit this isn't the first time I've learnt this particular lesson? My old a2z sawblade rotors did an extremely good job of removing a chunk of flesh from a finger a few years back.