Confessions from the fuckwits

moorey

call me Mia
Under the pump. Time poor. Sick daughter. Rushing to get fresh rubber on before the race...fucked up more than one thing. See if you can spot both. Not rocket surgery.
(26” and non lined up decals/branding aren’t it, screw worrying about that’s shite)
294981E2-2CA1-4FF7-BCF4-112B0F5F5576.jpeg

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Bingo. DHF on rear, DHR2 on front...and one is backwards...that’s terrible, regardless of rushing :oops:
That's exactly how I run mine! (Apart from the backwards part...)

Better grip! And clearly the reason for the poofteenth winning margin today!

moorey

call me Mia
That's exactly how I run mine! (Apart from the backwards part...)

Better grip! And clearly the reason for the poofteenth winning margin today!
I hardly think 0.012 seconds is a poofeenth....and a swapped them back between daughter vomits :cool:

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Had my first crack at servicing suspension finally. It's been on the books for a while as 1: I just wanted to learn to do it myself, 2: I wanted to swap out the airshaft to drop the travel from 160mm to 150mm on my Pikes.

So, wanting to be sure I didn't ruin the Pikes, I spent time finding the manual, reading it thoroughly, collecting all the tools I needed that I didn't already have and ordering the airshaft (see previous confession).

Once all the pieces were in place, I tried to time it such that I had some time when the kids were asleep to do it so that I could concentrate. Get them off to bed after lunch no problem, even the wife is having a nap. Winning! So I get all the tools and fluids out, check through the steps in the manual I'll be undertaking, remove the forks and set them up in the stand aaaaaand crying.

After spending the rest of the afternoon on more child-friendly activities, I can finally get back to it after getting them in bed again. All went surprisingly well (following the instructions to the letter) until I got to the re-assembly, got the oils in the lowers and go hunting for the bottom bolts. I found the damper bolt, but where the hell is the air shaft bolt?

After about 15min of hunting around it dawns on me that it's screwed into the bottom of the air shaft. Inside the lowers. Fuckwit.

I've got to say though, suspension servicing is a very therapeutic exercise, I must do that more.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Just went to the servo and topped up my tyres while I was there. Did the ones on the pump side first then the other side, walked around the back of the car and hung the pump up, then I drove off to Bunnings. There was a few people tooting horns around me but I had know idea what it was all about untill I got out of my car in the carpark and realised I'd been dragging the tyre inflator and about 15 metres of compressor hose that was caught on the towbar.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Stripped the rear tyre off the Bronson yesterday to find why the valve stem was leaking. Some fuckwit put two 'o' rings between the bottom of the stem and the rim.

moorey

call me Mia
Had to resort to this one time (well one O ring) with a valve that just wouldn’t seal. Staying up without it?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Seems ok at the moment. I will throw a new o ring on when I get back from a trip west of the great divide. Sorry, grate.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Stripped the rear tyre off the Bronson yesterday to find why the valve stem was leaking. Some fuckwit put two 'o' rings between the bottom of the stem and the rim.
Speaking of the Bronson, any you guys seen these spy shots of the 2019 Bro doing the rounds?
Something could happen on the 4th of July, who knows.........

Behold the Nomad 4 treatment on the Bronson 3. Terms like Uber Schwank come to mind.

19Bro.png