Confessions from the fuckwits

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Speaking of the Bronson, any you guys seen these spy shots of the 2019 Bro doing the rounds?
Something could happen on the 4th of July, who knows.........

Behold the Nomad 4 treatment on the Bronson 3. Terms like Uber Schwank come to mind.

View attachment 345926
Saw that today, looks really nice and like they've actually been listening to their customer base. Definitely good to see they've trimmed the seat tubes down and are offering proper XL reach dimensions now.

I'm so keen to see the 5010 V3, so I'm crossing fingers it won't be too far behind the Bronson. Sounds like it'll still keep the VPP2 linkage (current style, rather than this updated V10/Nomad/Bronson linkage), but if it gets Bronson V3-equivalent reach and seat tube dimensions I will be very interested in a frameset to build up as a fun light-duty/trail bike.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Saw that today, looks really nice and like they've actually been listening to their customer base. Definitely good to see they've trimmed the seat tubes down and are offering proper XL reach dimensions now.

I'm so keen to see the 5010 V3, so I'm crossing fingers it won't be too far behind the Bronson. Sounds like it'll still keep the VPP2 linkage (current style, rather than this updated V10/Nomad/Bronson linkage), but if it gets Bronson V3-equivalent reach and seat tube dimensions I will be very interested in a frameset to build up as a fun light-duty/trail bike.
https://m.pinkbike.com/news/santa-cruz-5010-2018-first-ride.html

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just went to the servo and topped up my tyres while I was there. Did the ones on the pump side first then the other side, walked around the back of the car and hung the pump up, then I drove off to Bunnings. There was a few people tooting horns around me but I had know idea what it was all about untill I got out of my car in the carpark and realised I'd been dragging the tyre inflator and about 15 metres of compressor hose that was caught on the towbar.
That is so good!

New Bronson looks sick. Really sick.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

Your wish is my command:

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/santa-cruz-5010-2018-first-ride.html

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
Just went to the servo and topped up my tyres while I was there. Did the ones on the pump side first then the other side, walked around the back of the car and hung the pump up, then I drove off to Bunnings. There was a few people tooting horns around me but I had know idea what it was all about untill I got out of my car in the carpark and realised I'd been dragging the tyre inflator and about 15 metres of compressor hose that was caught on the towbar.
...classic freediver :p

...did you take it back or did you score a hose & tyre inflator?

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Took it back. I broke the brass fitting and replaced that. It was my fuck up so I took care of it. When I went back they had my rego so I wouldn't have gotten aay with it even if I had the inclination.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Looks like they got the letter (I meant to send them). Longer front end allows enough room for (most) taller riders, lower seat tube so the seat can be dropped properly out of the way for playtime and a mild tweak to the kinematics to help iron out the initial travel quirks and give it a bit more mid-stroke support.

Very glad I didn't sell my 27.5" parts after disassembling my old one. Now, anyone want to buy some internal organs? o_O

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
Took it back. I broke the brass fitting and replaced that. It was my fuck up so I took care of it. When I went back they had my rego so I wouldn't have gotten aay with it even if I had the inclination.
....did you drive off with the petrol filler still in your tank this time round? :p

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
it’s funny, I was always a backpack dude and never worried about a bottle, even on short 1hr rides, until about a year ago. Now a bottles a must for rides under 2hrs. No way I’m dealing with a pack for those quick freedom jaunts.

Is this what getting old feels like?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Did you take it back to the servo?

Reminds me a few years ago I was packing up from a job on a Friday, dead keen to get home. Jam all my power tools into my ute boxes and take off like a bat out of hell to get home. 20k up the geelong freeway and some guy tears up beside me honking this horn and pointing to the back of my ute.
Look in the mirror but couldnt see anything. Pull over and discover the full height flip up door on the alu box has popped open or more likely i just forgot to close it. Luckily all my tools were still there, precariously perched. Lucky i didn't go around any corners!
Another time I chuck the ladders on the roof, get a phone call. take it, jump into the Pany take off and hit a sharp 90deg bend at the end of the street. Hear a scraping noise and look just in time to see all my ladders continuing in the original direction i was traveling.forgot to tie them on. lucky it was just parkland they landed in.
Also lost 10 sheets of Yellowtoungue off the front on a round about when I was 18. But thats another story. Except to say NO Chunt would even stop to help let alone drive around them as I struggled to hoist them back up the hill and onto the car again. Some actually drove over them!
Yes I have plenty badges of fuckwittery as Im sure most do.

Last edited:

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock

moorey

call me Mia
I gathered, you know, all the vomit and the Host in this little plastic bag. And then I started thinking, How can I leave Jesus there? That is just disgusting. What can I do?
I swallowed it.
I swallowed the whole bag.
I couldn’t stand to leave Him there!
Because the disgusting part would be NOT eating it....