Confessions from the fuckwits

slowmick

38-39"
@Spike-X - i have put my camelbak on the valve which soaked the floor and my gloves so many times I now hang it up at home. Once all the cardboard inside you bag has turned to mush and your allen keys are rusty you'll know it it is time to start hanging the bag. also, at least it wasn't in the car. Done that too. At least it is only ever water.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve put my camel back on one cold morning and collected the valve. Took a few moments for the water to soak in, then to realise. Cold start to that ride.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Getting ready for my first commute in a while, I stupidly decided to adjust the bars on my roadie the night before.
Undid the top cap which somehow instead undid the captive nut inside the steerer which promptly dropped off inside the fork!
Now have to somehow remove the carbon clamp/bung thing so I can put the bike back together.

On the plus side, did the 70k round trip on my hardtail :)

stirk

Burner
@Spike-X - i have put my camelbak on the valve which soaked the floor and my gloves so many times I now hang it up at home. Once all the cardboard inside you bag has turned to mush and your allen keys are rusty you'll know it it is time to start hanging the bag. also, at least it wasn't in the car. Done that too. At least it is only ever water.
Yep, casually laying the camel on it's own valve is very common. One time it was funny when I moved my pack so a mate who was joining me for a ride could sit in the front seat where the pack was, and yeah you can guess the rest :D

LPG

likes thicc birds
Had some spare time and its been raining so I decided to change the door actuator on the passenger door of the car as the existing one hasn't been able to unlock electrically since getting the car and the spare I bought has been sitting under the seat for about 6 months.

I did the job without any fuckups. Get the door apart without breaking clips, get the old one out without too much swearing despite the tight spaces, get the new one in. I tested it all and found I had missed the rod to activate the external unlock with the key. No worries, I loosen things off and I can get the last rod back in place. I check again and everything works.

So I put it all back together, put the trim on, put all the fasteners back in position and think what a good job I've done. I move the car back out from under the carport and notice that the door ajar light is on. I slam the door which seems to make it flicker but no more than that. There didn't seem to be any adjustments I could make but I loosen the accessible bolts and try a few more things to try and get the light to go off. I try to get the thing to go off by probing in there with a screwdriver just to figure out what part of the mechanism does it. I pick up the old part and try and figure out what the sensor whas in. While looking at it I notice that there are only 2 pins in the connector, the sensor must be somewhere else? I look at the door and I'm still pretty certain that the sensor is not even part of the door and is the pushbutton on the pillar which does nothing when I poke it with my finger, but how could that fail now? Maybe I missed reconnecting some wires on the door but I can't think of any wires I missed?

So after 1.5 hrs of going crazy and slamming the door trying to figure it out without taking all the trim off again I realise that the rear hatch (boot) isn't closed properly. I close that and all is good again.

Jpez

Down on the left!
So getting my gear ready to ride tomorrow just now I remember I needed to change the rear brake pads. Wack em out and find I need to reset the pistons. Won’t go back in with a tire lever so take the bleed screw out and give it another push.
This time they go all the way back. Sweet.
Then gave the front wheel a spin and pulled the brake lever to test the power.
That’s when I noticed the oil on the floor and that’s when it Hit me that the bleed nipple was directly over the front brake caliper and I managed to get it to drip directly on the disc and then contaminate the pads by spinning the wheel up and testing the brake.
Too late now to pull it and cook it so looks like I’ll be riding the spare bike in the morning.

moorey

call me Mia
Haven’t run an IS mount fork for years, but needed to fit old reba’s the other day.
Found a mount, fitted it up...why is top too low and fouling on rotor? Checked it’s the right adapter....yep.
Added successively more thin washers...something I’ve never had to do.

Finally got it perfect, and go to align bottom to tighten. WTF!! Calliper is barely touching rotor.

Upside down miss Jane. Flipped it, and of course it’s perfect. :oops:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
First time bleeding brakes a while back...

Lever/reservoir in correct position; check
Pads out, block installed; check
No bubbles in mineral oil in syringe attached to caliper; check
Catch syringe attached at lever; check

Start pushing mineral oil through syringe. This is fucking difficult to push through, it shouldn't take this much effort. Recheck everything. Still not budging. Re-read instructions. Ohhhhh, THAT'S not where the catch syringe goes. I had unscrewed a cap screw instead of the reservoir port screw.
Bleed went well after that.

moorey

call me Mia
If I don’t win a podium this weekend, it’s on your head, @Zaf
Also, when my ‘Dogs breakfast, pieced together and fixed with loctite and grease’ headset fails, and I land on my head, it’s on your head.
I’ll forgive you if you send me a negative stack headset. I need 5mm more please.
AD955C07-5EF2-495B-AA16-A5BB04243EE1.jpeg