Confessions from the fuckwits

safreek

My confession today is that I haven't fucked up since the last fuck up.

I'm expecting a major fuckup soon. But I think I may have fucked up with some double-sided tape that I just haven't realised I fucked up yet.

I'm gonna head to Bunnings, grab a Sanga and ask them what can safely get double sided tape off anything I put it on.
I am assuming that your fuckwit confession is that you are going to ask one of their staff, brick wall Vs head experience.
Euco should work depending on what the surface is. Always test on a non visible spot

nathanm

Eats Squid
Went to put a dt swiss hub back together after it fell off a wheel. Of course the spring shot across the room and took 15 minutes to find.

Had several cracks at reassembling it which looked straightforward but each time I did the hub would no longer make it's sweet clicking noise.

Looked at the YouTube tutorial and realised I'd been putting the ratchet star thingies the wrong way around so instead of the teeth engaging it was two smooth surfaces rotating against each other.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Not sure if i'm the fuckwit or SCAM, but I managed to fck my Reverb stanchion. Turns out the collar came loose and let some dirt in. Didn't realise the tightness of the collar was something I needed to monitor??

moorey

call me Mia
I’ve got an old lev that has been like that for yonks. Bought SH without the damage disclosed, but I’ve been running it without issue regardless. Will change if cartridge ever dies.

BT180

Max Pfaff
I’ve got an old lev that has been like that for yonks. Bought SH without the damage disclosed, but I’ve been running it without issue regardless. Will change if cartridge ever dies.
Yeah the post started feeling rough and notchy, saw the damage and tightened up the collar. Feels mint again but I wonder for how long?

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i use ebay solar storm lights for ages on the roadie, but was pissed off there wasn't a flashing mode as advertised as there's a couple of intersections cars don't look for bike at on my route. now I need a new battery, check the ads for lights and batteries, read that you need to hold the button for a second for it to flash. yep, works on my light too, when I'd been cursing a misleading ad for ages. what sort of technical muppet would miss something so obvious.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
i use ebay solar storm lights for ages on the roadie, but was pissed off there wasn't a flashing mode as advertised as there's a couple of intersections cars don't look for bike at on my route. now I need a new battery, check the ads for lights and batteries, read that you need to hold the button for a second for it to flash. yep, works on my light too, when I'd been cursing a misleading ad for ages. what sort of technical muppet would miss something so obvious.
did you miss that page in the extensive manual that would have been included?

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
So I am building up a pump track bike and found the frame I wanted on PB, dropped the cash and committed to the sale (was in the UK)
Basically wanted to pull all the parts off the AM HT and swap over, including the Hammerschmidt crank, have been running it on the HT for a while as a 2 speed now and absolutely love it..anyway I wanted a new frame that has sliding dropouts with built in adjusters and ISCG mounts for the Hammerschmidt..
frame arrived early in the week and I started to strip down the AM for the crossover, went to mount the Hammerschmidt and found the chainstays foul on the drive plate...FFFFAAAAAAARRRRRKKKK!.
Oh well, anybody have a crank they want to sell me

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
So I am building up a pump track bike and found the frame I wanted on PB, dropped the cash and committed to the sale (was in the UK)
Basically wanted to pull all the parts off the AM HT and swap over, including the Hammerschmidt crank, have been running it on the HT for a while as a 2 speed now and absolutely love it..anyway I wanted a new frame that has sliding dropouts with built in adjusters and ISCG mounts for the Hammerschmidt..
frame arrived early in the week and I started to strip down the AM for the crossover, went to mount the Hammerschmidt and found the chainstays foul on the drive plate...FFFFAAAAAAARRRRRKKKK!.
Oh well, anybody have a crank they want to sell me
What frame did you get fatboy?