Confessions from the fuckwits

_______

Is an alien from 2007
trying for the nth time to bleed the crappy old deore rear brake i robbed off Her bike a) without opening the reservoir and b) without rotating the lever so the res sits horizontal, because reasons, I'm syringing the big S fluid in through the bleed nipple on the caliper against some resistance and notice it's all dribbling out past the reservoir seal, down the lever and onto the floor, fark.

nip up the bleed nipple, grab rag, mad wipe, swear a bit etc.

tweak lever, nothin. fark.

oh well guess I'll pop the syringe off and call it a night, fix this manjana etc. grab syringe, forget that I'd pressurised the system and pop the tube off the nipple, expertly spraying mineral oil across the caliper, pads and disc. of course I left them on, I'm lazy.

now after years of eyerolling at a mate who can never seem to keep his discs clean AND seems cursed by a frame that amplifies every squeak of his rear brake, customers in shops who pressure wash after every ride but also don't want to replace pads and discs to get rid of "that horrid hooting" and me wearing gloves Every Time I handle discs and pads, avoiding spray lubes and all the rest it is I whose bike honks like a horny gander every time I squeeze my left brake lever (which in my OCD mind is still vaguely slimy).

my wife will be livid when I give her her brake back...

_______

Is an alien from 2007
Cook pads. Clean caliper and rotor. Problem solved.
but I will still know I contaminated them... the shame!

In all honesty I've never been able to clean discs or broil pads enough to compete with factory fresh and unsullied replacements, it's like a 80-97% fix...

moorey

call me Mia
but I will still know I contaminated them... the shame!

In all honesty I've never been able to clean discs or broil pads enough to compete with factory fresh and unsullied replacements, it's like a 80-97% fix...
I do it all the time. Better than new.

*confessions of a lazy bleeder.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cook pads. Clean caliper and rotor. Problem solved.
I've used the method in this video a few times recently for myself and friends. It works and is also pretty quick.

Hope is beautiful. Shimano affordable and good enough, with less bleed intervals.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
This is part fuckwit/ part LTIH, but Shimano's new road shifters. I've now killed a second lever due to the design change to fine threads in a plastic body. The first lever has the brake hose threads stripping out during installation, this time it's the bleed port threads.. FML.
Shimano claim all is fine and user error (though multiple threads on the interwebs about the issues) so no warranty or discount for me

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
This is part fuckwit/ part LTIH, but Shimano's new road shifters. I've now killed a second lever due to the design change to fine threads in a plastic body. The first lever has the brake hose threads stripping out during installation, this time it's the bleed port threads.. FML.
Shimano claim all is fine and user error (though multiple threads on the interwebs about the issues) so no warranty or discount for me
Can you retap and fit an insert? Post up some pics.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Which models?