Confessions from the fuckwits

nathanm

Eats Squid
Bled my brakes after thoroughly cooking them at Maydena yesterday.

My bleed syringe was a bit sticky so instead of fixing that I persisted. So of course the plunger pops and pulls out (phrasing boom) knocking the bottle of fluid onto the floor and over my spare wheels.

Fluid has pissed all over my work bench and onto everything and 60 odd mil of fluid soaks into the floor in my garage.

Pick everything up throw and tantrum, punch a hole in the wall, which pisses me off more so I punch a bigger one.

Take a deap breath, get everything sorted reassemble bike for test ride and find, no pressure in rear brake and front pads squeaking like their contaminated. Throw in finding broken spokes and a buckle in the rear wheel and I thought my day was complete.

Nope, the universe is never content with fucking me. It's 41 degrees and the power goes out, so now no aircon.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Had a chance to pick up two 45DCOE Webers today for not much. One leaked badly and the owner wanted to replace them as a matched pair. More than $1k for him. I was going to split them and fit to my cousin's mini. Spent 10 minutes talking through the issue, diagnosed it and solved the problem for about $5.

Dumbarse.

Brow

Big Block
You should at least be on his Xmas card list for next year! And that should have earned you a 6 pack of the good stuff.

Had a chance to pick up two 45DCOE Webers today for not much. One leaked badly and the owner wanted to replace them as a matched pair. More than $1k for him. I was going to split them and fit to my cousin's mini. Spent 10 minutes talking through the issue, diagnosed it and solved the problem for about $5.

Dumbarse.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bled my brakes after thoroughly cooking them at Maydena yesterday.

My bleed syringe was a bit sticky so instead of fixing that I persisted. So of course the plunger pops and pulls out (phrasing boom) knocking the bottle of fluid onto the floor and over my spare wheels.

Fluid has pissed all over my work bench and onto everything and 60 odd mil of fluid soaks into the floor in my garage.

Pick everything up throw and tantrum, punch a hole in the wall, which pisses me off more so I punch a bigger one.

Take a deap breath, get everything sorted reassemble bike for test ride and find, no pressure in rear brake and front pads squeaking like their contaminated. Throw in finding broken spokes and a buckle in the rear wheel and I thought my day was complete.

Nope, the universe is never content with fucking me. It's 41 degrees and the power goes out, so now no aircon.
I've gone to my happy place.

Scotty T

Walks the walk

Dumbarse.
Is that Dave Weber of DW Link fame? :D

I had a Weber once in '92. Bought a fully-sick-karnt-modified-mazda (626). Got booked for defects sneaking to a quiet place to have fun times with my date at the time, just happened the cops were around there.

Defects: no pollution gear (remove Weber and manifold for stock, after spending more than $5 making said Weber work, add some tubes to extractors)

Lowered. Cut springs. How was I to know? I wasn't listening to my dad, screw that! Yeah screw that for a grand worth of good but legal suspension and a scar for life from the brake disc while replacing.

Tinted, too much on the front windows.

Exhaust, need another muffler.

I learnt young that modifications are much better from the factory.

I also learnt some years later the Mazda was a car that had been rolled, and the ding in the roof was full of bog.

Point Break was loved by dad and me, and I think in this case the phrase 'young, dumb and full of cum' applies, hindsight.

AaronM

Likes Dirt
All carbs are the work of Satan. I much prefer the reliability and ease of witchcraft ie Injection...

Scotty T

Walks the walk
All carbs are the work of Satan. I much prefer the reliability and ease of witchcraft ie Injection...
Well @Dales Cannon is clearly a BMW fan and I am too, and they worked very hard in the early days to stop the work of Satan.

It is a shame that the amazing electric work they did in the early days didn't go the same way as fuel injection. Thus my BMW fandom has faded significantly. They can eat a Tesla dick.

AaronM

Likes Dirt
Well @Dales Cannon is clearly a BMW fan and I am too, and they worked very hard in the early days to stop the work of Satan.

It is a shame that the amazing electric work they did in the early days didn't go the same way as fuel injection. Thus my BMW fandom has faded significantly. They can eat a Tesla dick.
I once tried to resurrect a E21 with mechanical injection, some weird aftermarket immobiliser, no tools and yeah.... got to agree that K-Jet stuff was a nightmare... The v12’s with their twin ECUs are unique, although the aftermarket solution of using a pair of Delco ECUs with custom paired memcals also seems an innovative solution to a BMW problem that shouldn’t exist in the first place.

850i and 750iL are on the list of “cars I’d totally allow to drop oil in my garage”

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The webers are currently on a mkI Esky running a pinto with big cam and flowed head. Dug out my weber bible and they are close but still some hesitation down low. Off to a guru next week. Be interested to see what what jets and tubes he fits. Probably only run to 7,800rpm. I suspect the 36mm chokes are too small and need to be at least 38 and possibly 40.

I built a set of splits for a mate when I was at uni using hand tools. Worked a treat and my favourite combo for a mini. Getting a potentially munted rh carby with a good one for a few $ would be superb. Would make up manifolds and mounts from scratch for the race only mini but it wasnt to be.

Still looking.

Not sure what the rest of you are smoking. I have never had a bm with carbs. K Jetronic, L Jetronic and whatever the current one runs. Tuned triple webers once on a Datto 6 cyl. What a friggin nightmare.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I'm expecting a post in here from someone who owns a Reign/Trance and was driving towards Melbourne today and realised when they got to their destination that the ss roadie/fixed gear bike that was supposed to be on the roof beside it was gone. It must've been making a racket up there, the front wheel would've been visible around the pillar area, looked like ol' mate had a Thule 591 or similar and forgot to do the wheel ratchets up and it was holding on by the clamp only.