Confessions from the fuckwits

stirk

Burner

Opened my new 11 speed cassette package and counted only 10 cogs. Fucking freaked out and wondered if I ordered the wrong part. Check my order, all good I ordered the 11 speed.

Fark, I can't send this back during these covid restricted delivery services.

I turn over the cassette and there nestled in reverse into the big cog is little number 11. Arrghh

I feel so Ike a fuckwits but maybe just caught out by packaging. Bloody packaging people with a twisted sense of humour, fuck you!

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not bike related but had to change a door handle today and needed to make a hole a little bigger. Used a pocket knife to carve existing hole and sliced my thumb. Plaster that up and use drill to widen hole. That slipped and sliced across my index finger. Im a special kinda stupid today

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Not only did I turn up to the post office yesterday without @leitch hubs, I packaged up the wrong front hub for him yesterday.

both blue hopes, ones 32hole and the others 36.
god I’m a fuckwit. Thank christ I didn’t post them yet.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Not only did I turn up to the post office yesterday without @leitch hubs, I packaged up the wrong front hub for him yesterday.

both blue hopes, ones 32hole and the others 36.
god I’m a fuckwit. Thank christ I didn’t post them yet.
Haha! :D All good I can't count past 10 so I wouldn't have noticed.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
First prize today goes to me:
New brake pads in, re-adjust caliper, spin wheel, put thumb in moving rotor (cut through nail and beyond), ring doctor, go to clinic, tetanus shot, patch up and good to go. Throbbing pain and still leaking.
I think I have now ticked everything off the list and am now a verified fuckwit.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
New brake pads in, re-adjust caliper, spin wheel, put thumb in moving rotor (cut through nail and beyond), ring doctor, go to clinic, tetanus shot, patch up and good to go. Throbbing pain and still leaking.
I think I have now ticked everything off the list and am now a verified fuckwit.
This is a very painful way to cut your finger. There can't be too many of us that haven't!

moorey

call me Mia
Bike had a major incident a month ago, Resulting in bent bars. Haven’t needed the bike, so it just sat there while I waited for replacement bars. Fitted them tonight, and went for a roll around the driveway in the pitch dark. Something not right, bike feels squirmy and steering weird. Checked that no other damage had been done, adjusted the bar angle, and had another roll. Still felt like it steered terribly.

Check tyre, and there’s about five psi in it. Add some air, sorted. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mattyp

Cows go boing
i did this once years ago....but with my index finger, while adjusting caliper and then giving the wheel a spin....walked to the kitchen to run finger under water. woke up on the floor not sure how much later, tap still running, blood everywhere....fun times.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice work, I'm not sure if I put it on the thread previously I've definitely managed to slice my thumb (through the nail) lifting my bike onto a shuttle trailer, thumb next to stanchion, wheel rotating, still not 100% sure how it happened.

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
i did this once years ago....but with my index finger, while adjusting caliper and then giving the wheel a spin....walked to the kitchen to run finger under water. woke up on the floor not sure how much later, tap still running, blood everywhere....fun times.
ha, after running my thumb under the tap for a couple of minutes I had to lay down (I tend to faint quite easily so know when it is going to happen). Got to doctors (dr is a long time friend, very handy to have!), he opened the wound for a look, had to lay down again + the needle, meant I was laying down for a while.

Working now as I know I wont sleep well.....
My ten year old says to wife and I before bed "Can I say what Dad said when he walked in the door?"......sure....... "I need heaps of band aids and a big bag of shit!" I think it was more like I'm a dumb shit, but anyway...

Scotty675

Cable thief
I did exact same thing 5 years ago. Made a good mess of my finger. Have never done it since. Leson learned. Disc always wins