Confessions from the fuckwits

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Went for a ride today. You Yangs. First time in for a while. Half the trails were seemingly shut so the sensible option was to start on Cressys. Now Cressys is a bit pacey and I haven't ridden there for a couple of months so should we ride within our limits on our first run? Naaaaaah I'm a man I got this then promptly ate shit on the first rock garden.

I'd forgotten how painful that granite is when experienced as an exfoliant. Bike is fine though.

cammas

Seamstress
Decided to trim down the steerer tube yesterday started stripping everything down, go to cut the cable tie that holds the brake line to the forks. Now where are the side cutters? The sheds a mess bugger it use the Stanley knife, shit that suckers sharp, bugger a nick in casing.

Mmmm is it just a nick?

Put a pad spacer in and pump the handle no bubbles, wait a minute there’s bubbles then fluid; shit now I need to replace the line. :(
Lucky I have a spare one but has a really short line at least it fits, just.

Moral of the story, if it’s been like for that 18 months don’t be fuckwit and leave it alone.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
My mate is converting to 1x, a 2014/15 Trek Slash 8 with XT. The derailleur is clashing with the new 46 (I think) tooth cassette. Can this problem be solved without a new derailleur?

tom-derailleur.jpg

moorey

call me Mia
My mate is converting to 1x, a 2014/15 Trek Slash 8 with XT. The derailleur is clashing with the new 46 (I think) tooth cassette. Can this problem be solved without a new derailleur?

View attachment 364581
Wait...what speed? It’s not 11sp, I can see that. If it’s a mid cage from a 2x10 system, even a goat link might struggle with 46t

Petero

Likes Dirt
I count 10 cogs. Can't comment on 46T capability of the 10sp XT RD, but would suggest might be tough - my 42T works but isn't ideal.

stirk

Burner
Med cage XT 11 speed handles 46t cog with b screw to spare but is maxed out. Is 10 speed that much different in cage design that 46t would be an issue?

Cropduster

Likes Dirt
Decided to trim down the steerer tube yesterday started stripping everything down, go to cut the cable tie that holds the brake line to the forks. Now where are the side cutters? The sheds a mess bugger it use the Stanley knife, shit that suckers sharp, bugger a nick in casing.

Mmmm is it just a nick?

Put a pad spacer in and pump the handle no bubbles, wait a minute there’s bubbles then fluid; shit now I need to replace the line. :(
Lucky I have a spare one but has a really short line at least it fits, just.

Moral of the story, if it’s been like for that 18 months don’t be fuckwit and leave it alone.

Use the right tools mate!

I've sliced myself using a very sharp knife trying to cut a zip tie on more than one occasion and i knew damn well to use side cutters.

The fuckwit that i am has had 3 stitches to the same thumb, twice, using the same knife, on zip ties both times.......

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
This is my 10 speed 11-46 experience. Rad cage can sometimes work, they typically like dt 240 hubs. Goatlink with long b-bolt will work almost all of the time. M6000 derailluer works all the time. M8000 derailleur works most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Med cage XT 11 speed handles 46t cog with b screw to spare but is maxed out. Is 10 speed that much different in cage design that 46t would be an issue?
10-sp. upper body is considerably shorter, so it simply can't fit under megasprockets.

Only 10-sp. that will happily do it are M6000 & M4100 Deore, which take their geometry from 11-sp.

takai

Eats Squid
Was wondering what was wrong with the new Banshee build, just felt like the front wheel was tracking weirdly. Thought perhaps it was the shocks, pulled them down to no difference. Retensioned the spokes in the front wheel.

Took me far too long to realise that adapting a non-boost wheel to boost means that the wheel needs to be re-aligned...

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was wondering what was wrong with the new Banshee build, just felt like the front wheel was tracking weirdly. Thought perhaps it was the shocks, pulled them down to no difference. Retensioned the spokes in the front wheel.

Took me far too long to realise that adapting a non-boost wheel to boost means that the wheel needs to be re-aligned...
..eh? With something like a Problem Solvers kit you shouldn't need to - spaces either side out 5mm (with a spacer for 6 bolt rotors too). https://problemsolversbike.com/products/brakes/booster_-_k5143

Unless you've got a 10mm spacer only on non-disc side?