Confessions from the fuckwits

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Back in my high school days I've side swiped a car in front of Brighton High School, in front of the kids waiting for the bus. Biggest problem was I went to the school down the road and we shared facilities so half the kids knew me, including the biggest f-wit in the place. The hole for me to crawl into never opened.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Was almost a parked car... back in my uni days slipstreaming too close behind a car that then stopped to turn right into a side street. Being a poor student I put my body between the car and my only form of transport and ended up elbowing a huge dent in the boot of the car. Thought I'd come away unscathed but I'd locked up the rear wheel and bent the rim beyond saving.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Use the right tools mate!

I've sliced myself using a very sharp knife trying to cut a zip tie on more than one occasion and i knew damn well to use side cutters.

The fuckwit that i am has had 3 stitches to the same thumb, twice, using the same knife, on zip ties both times.......
Just NO!...don't use side cutters, it leaves a very sharp dag on the end which will still fuck you up if caught in the right spot!
as an Electrician of 25 years , how to do it correctly is grab the cable tie tail parallel with the tail right up at the nut (that's what the bit that hold's it is called) with a decent set of pliers and with a short sharp twist it should break free right at the nut..believe me, I have done this for years with 1000's and 1000's of cable ties...sometimes you get a miss-fire, but it works well once you get the technique sorted.
thank me later!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Was almost a parked car... back in my uni days slipstreaming too close behind a car that then stopped to turn right into a side street. Being a poor student I put my body between the car and my only form of transport and ended up elbowing a huge dent in the boot of the car. Thought I'd come away unscathed but I'd locked up the rear wheel and bent the rim beyond saving.
That's like another one of my car encounters. I was doing about 35km/h on the footpath in front of a shopping centre when a small ute turned left into the carpark entrance. Hip-sized dent in the door, tiny bruise on my hip, not a mark on the bike. Bloke said he had no idea who hit him or where I'd come from

herbman

Likes Dirt
Picked my new bike up last night. After a bit of mucking around in the work shop at the LBS to get the dropper cable setup and strip some part off it as I don't ride Sram.

I go to wheel it out of the said workshop. there are some stairs i have to get up to get to the main part of the shop. No biggy, pop the bike up onto the rear wheel. turns out the new bike is rather long and knocks a old wheel with no tire on it down from where it was hanging in the rafters.
as it falls if smacks me in the face.

I now have the biggest black eye, I have ever had and have to explain how I got it to everyone one I meet

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Picked my new bike up last night. After a bit of mucking around in the work shop at the LBS to get the dropper cable setup and strip some part off it as I don't ride Sram.

I go to wheel it out of the said workshop. there are some stairs i have to get up to get to the main part of the shop. No biggy, pop the bike up onto the rear wheel. turns out the new bike is rather long and knocks a old wheel with no tire on it down from where it was hanging in the rafters.
as it falls if smacks me in the face.

I now have the biggest black eye, I have ever had and have to explain how I got it to everyone one I meet
But the bike's OK, yeah?

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk