Confessions from the fuckwits

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Absolute horrid weather here today. Really heavy rain and wind...I got all prepped for the ride to work - board shorts, thongs, work gear and shoes in plastic bag inside back pack...charge out into the downpour and get a few hundred metres before I start wondering why my torso ad as are so wet? Fuck! I forgot to put my rain jacket on.

safreek

Umm are we no longer supportive of the N+1 philosophy? Sometimes I just wanna chill getting up the hills and think an E-Bike for a blast would be awesome :)
Well I'm supportive, just make sure you bulld a 5 kw one, no point just passing people, you have to fly past the peeps, preferably whilst you abuse them. I will only support you if you do it right

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Ktm made one but the company making them went bust.

Most of them are pretty bad. The ktm jobby was pretty decent though from all accounts. Needs a clutch though, it was direct drive so makes riding them different to a petrol bike.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
While I don't want such a vehicle, I can certainly get on board the reduced noise and (potentially) carbon emissions that such a vehicle would offer to those who wish to traverse the bush at significantly higher speeds than I do. Are they prohibitively expensive? Or on par with the almost motorcycle e-bikes?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
While I don't want such a vehicle, I can certainly get on board the reduced noise and (potentially) carbon emissions that such a vehicle would offer to those who wish to traverse the bush at significantly higher speeds than I do. Are they prohibitively expensive? Or on par with the almost motorcycle e-bikes?
The trials bike won’t be faster than speeds you like.

Same same I imagine. I can’t see them costing anywhere near a new KTM six days EXC.

Emissions suck, but canning motorbikes is pissing in the wind when you look at people’s horrific commuting habits, and then the jetsetting around the globe on holidays cause YOLO.
TBH it should all be fucked off entirely. Vote 1 horse’n’cart

Petero

Likes Dirt
I was refitting the original fork to my Scott. Try to install and clock the topcap for twinlock remote lever.. Somehow ends up unscrewing the whole compression needle assembly and loss of oil.. fork no longer locks out.
Side Q: Could I just top it up from the hole in the topcap or do I need to get rebuilt?

Flow-Rider

Burner
I was refitting the original fork to my Scott. Try to install and clock the topcap for twinlock remote lever.. Somehow ends up unscrewing the whole compression needle assembly and loss of oil.. fork no longer locks out.
Side Q: Could I just top it up from the hole in the topcap or do I need to get rebuilt?
I'm assuming you tipped oil out of the top of the fork onto the ground while unscrewing the damper cartridge but just needs a top up if that is the case.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Ktm made one but the company making them went bust.

Most of them are pretty bad. The ktm jobby was pretty decent though from all accounts. Needs a clutch though, it was direct drive so makes riding them different to a petrol bike.
I think there are a few good ones. Battery life is good enough for races, not for all day epic bush adventures. They apparently kick arse in races because of the instant launches out of corners.