Confessions from the fuckwits

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Is there any other kind?
Maybe you need cocaine high therapist...really high. So high they back you into a corner and railroad you for hours on end with an inescapable monologue about something you can't quite decipher, but damn it you know it is very important to them! They seem to pop up casually at parties. Don't go home with them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've got a minor one...

I've been chasing an annoying creak in my everyday frame. It is the seat post. I clean it, I grease it, I insert it, I clamp it...about a week later it's back. This has been going on since I got back from Perth. I was sure the post couldn't be getting wet (it barely rains) nor that dirty so fast. On Friday between job one and job two I was making the correction again and realised the post is bent very very slightly and it looks like I have been clamping bang on the bend.

I assume that the covid weight gain + riding a fair few KMs between jobs + being hell lazy/tired on those commutes so just rough riding on the sea over bumps etc has proven too much for the nuke proof neutron seat post. I always ride this post with a lot more than the minimum insert inside the frame.

So I am thinking of getting a dropper with under seat activation. Anyone got a suggestion that I won't need to sell a kidney for?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I've got a minor one...

I've been chasing an annoying creak in my everyday frame. It is the seat post. I clean it, I grease it, I insert it, I clamp it...about a week later it's back. This has been going on since I got back from Perth. I was sure the post couldn't be getting wet (it barely rains) nor that dirty so fast. On Friday between job one and job two I was making the correction again and realised the post is bent very very slightly and it looks like I have been clamping bang on the bend.

I assume that the covid weight gain + riding a fair few KMs between jobs + being hell lazy/tired on those commutes so just rough riding on the sea over bumps etc has proven too much for the nuke proof neutron seat post. I always ride this post with a lot more than the minimum insert inside the frame.

So I am thinking of getting a dropper with under seat activation. Anyone got a suggestion that I won't need to sell a kidney for?
Cue @moorey

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cue @Nerf Herder
I still love and use them on a couple of frames without internal routing. KS supernatural, drop zone and eTen. Also a Thomson, but don’t think the non remotes are available any more
Even if they were, Thompson is going to exceed my interest cash wise. The one I'm running on the Scout is a work of art though.

I know ks had one for a reasonable price but I've only seen sold out and 100mm travel.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Re-bleed the rear brake, give the lever a few squeezes to make sure it feels right. Decide to squeeze the front brake as well to make sure the feeling is similiar; forget that I'd taken the wheel off at the front and so then spend 10 mins trying to get the bloody pistons pushed back then!
Then, go to mount the front wheel, can't work out why it won't go, then remember that I had to take the pads out and haven't reinstalled them yet...
I'm going back to bed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Shimano rotors come with an orange sticker that I assume says something like "Don't stick your finger in moving rotor". I took it off. I was aligning a new rotor on a pal's bike and discovered the bottom tab on the mount had split and was rubbing the rotor. I spun the wheel to listen to the exact source of the ticking sound and put my index finger in the opening just a little too much. Yep, took the top clean off it, some nail as well. Nice clean cut, lots of blood contaminating the pads now but found the source of the tick.

images (33).jpeg

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Even if they were, Thompson is going to exceed my interest cash wise. The one I'm running on the Scout is a work of art though.

I know ks had one for a reasonable price but I've only seen sold out and 100mm travel.
What’s the original post? Might be able to “fix it”. Out of interest is it on a Hardtail? Is it a bent cartridge/stanchion? Or is the mast bent? I suspect TranzX Posts will take KS parts, but also suspect the guide rod system is different. I’ve never tried, but I have a few in the recyc bin if you want to cannibalise.

Depending what dimensions you want. I most likely can build something. Think ETen or Dropzone/supernatural. Pretty sure I’ll be able to build a 125mm but above that will be pushing things. Might be able to build a Frankenstein post. Best to email.

re KS. we have a shipment landing after the 14th Dec ... but lots of backorders so prolly not in there.
ETen Levers in most sizes (30.9, 31.7, 27.2 ) are in there.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
What’s the original post? Might be able to “fix it”. Out of interest is it on a Hardtail? Is it a bent cartridge/stanchion? Or is the mast bent? I suspect TranzX Posts will take KS parts, but also suspect the guide rod system is different. I’ve never tried, but I have a few in the recyc bin if you want to cannibalise.

Depending what dimensions you want. I most likely can build something. Think ETen or Dropzone/supernatural. Pretty sure I’ll be able to build a 125mm but above that will be pushing things. Might be able to build a Frankenstein post. Best to email.

re KS. we have a shipment landing after the 14th Dec ... but lots of backorders so prolly not in there.
ETen Levers in most sizes (30.9, 31.7, 27.2 ) are in there.
I’m guessing it’s not currently a dropper

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I’m guessing it’s not currently a dropper
You'd be correct...

nuke proof neutron seat post
@Nerf Herder jus toying with putting a dropper on the bike I ride to/from work and shops on. Likely I'll just put another conventional post on and cut the current post above the bend and use it for slammed trips to slay town

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I use free strava to log yearly k's and to "compete" with my previous times.

Started recording my ride this arvo, did 2k then apparently I pressed stop while I did a little bit of suspension puzzling and wrote my new setting in notes.

Just never hit resume.

Rode for another hour or so.

Longest 2k ride ever

F*ckwit.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did my first and probably last sealant bukkake whilst using an air hose thingy with a dodgy pressure gauge. Exceeded 60psi by a fair bit going by the force of the ejaculation....Damn it was a loud bang :oops: Cleaned up the mess and reseated the tyre, all OK. Was funny AF to see the expressions of the innocent bystanders.

moorey

call me Mia
Did my first and probably last sealant bukkake whilst using an air hose thingy with a dodgy pressure gauge. Exceeded 60psi by a fair bit going by the force of the ejaculation....Damn it was a loud bang :oops: Cleaned up the mess and reseated the tyre, all OK. Was funny AF to see the expressions of the innocent bystanders.
Hehe.
Surprised your tyre still works. After blowing mine off the rim, bead had stretched, and had to go in the bin

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Were you jerking off your tyre at a public place?