Confessions from the fuckwits

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I remember riding to the top of a hill on my road bike years ago. At the top is a T junction so I came to a stop and went to unclip as usual, but in doing so my foot and calf cramped up. Not wanting to fall over I quickly shifted my weight to the other side to unclip my left foot, but that too cramped up.

So now with neither foot unclipped and both in states of cramp, I fell over onto the road. As I tried to get up, my abs started to cramp up followed by my neck. To a passer-by, I would have looked like a cycling member of the living dead!

Fortunately no one saw me, and extra bonus point - no tree to break my fall :D
I think I know what you need. Took a few posts but I can see the pattern now

Hambo's new steed

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
The pain from that cramp lasted about 4 days.
I get bad leg cramps at night sometimes and wake up screaming and the missus has to jump up and help straighten my leg.
cramps suck.
That's a pathology, IMO.... more water, electrolyte replacement drinks and/or magnesium, compression socks -I assume you've tried all of these things. seen your GP about it?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
she unfortunately found it quite amusing and stood there for a minute or two until she got her laughter under control and finally started yanking on my arm to pull me out which caused my cramp to get worse but finally pulled me free.
Only laughing at that bit, cramps do suck and I don't get them a lot but the old waking up needing a piss and get a double hammy cramp is always fun.

Most times your back cant actually go out - its kind of a solid thing (yes yes you can have degeneration and actual injury but thats not what I am talking about) you move a way the muscles don't want and they contract to protect you and then take days / weeks to heal (Jerks).

I get a lower back issue I went to a Chiro for ages for (shhhh don't tell my wife) and then I started massage on the muscles instead of manipulation and have never gone back. I will start to get a 'Twinge" in my lower back or feel tight and will start using the theragun on my arse - legs - lower back and it eases instantly - do it for a few more days and ignore it for the next 6 mths :)
Do it
Yeah mine is a 20+ year old injury, which has been really good since doing regular core strength work, I'd say this is the worst tweak in at least 5 years. I did Chiro for a bit and ended up with a good physio who MTB's, much better results than the chiro.

Jpez

Down on the left!
That's a pathology, IMO.... more water, electrolyte replacement drinks and/or magnesium, compression socks -I assume you've tried all of these things. seen your GP about it?
Yeah you’re spot on. Suffered more years ago when my diet wasn’t great but still get them more than I’d like. It’s also caused by back issues which cause a chain reaction of tight muscles and eventually one gives out. Physio,stretching, hydration and better diet mostly fixed the problem.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I think I know what you need. Took a few posts but I can see the pattern now

Hambo's new steed
You hurt me! I was so confident you linked to a recumbent...

yeah, mushies.... a strong Altered States theme going on there.

I think he's spending a lot of quality time in the tank, in total darkness, totally off his chops.

Or so far off his chops he is back on them again...but upside down.