Confessions from the fuckwits

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just not while the rotor is spinning! Which is what I initially thought this confession was for.
Where does your fear of spinning rotors come from?

I remember pointing at something around the brakes with the bike upside down and wheel spinning down at Youies one day and you nearly tackled me to the ground to pull me away from it! (I appreciate your concern though... :))

Jpez

Down on the left!
Where does your fear of spinning rotors come from?

I remember pointing at something around the brakes with the bike upside down and wheel spinning down at Youies one day and you nearly tackled me to the ground to pull me away from it! (I appreciate your concern though... :))
Did I? I don’t remember. Anyway you haven’t noticed how many fingers I have. Or don’t have….

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
This was going to go in the what did you do with your bike thread, but on reflection, here is better.

I tried to get out for a lunchtime ride, get a nice break from work. Of course at the furthest point from home this happens:

Wheel-side part of the rear derailleur cage snapped clean in half.... somewhere. I suspect at the bottom of a steep climb when I put my foot down, the gears jumped and jammed in behind the cassette, but it had been dicky from the start of the ride and I put it down to a bent hanger.

Needless to say I just swore at it, put the chain back on, didn't look and pushed the bike to the top of the climb before trying to ride it again. It was at that point that the jockey wheel fell out the bottom and I realised my error. Never found the bolt or other half of the cage, just the jockey wheel which was well chewed up.

I managed to limp it home by just running it without the derailleur, but that doesn't work so well on a dually. At least I have a fresh derailleur & chain downstairs ready to go.

Pt2: Turns out I don't have a spare downstairs. What I have is a cassette, which isn't going to do me a whole lot of good right now. No riding for me this weekend I guess.

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

moorey

call me Mia
Today was the day for the Arseclown 6h.
At 5.45 mark it was too dark to go on, and I was at 90km, so I paused the app and grabbed lights. This close to 100km, I’ll just push on. Should be done around 6.20 mark.
Headed out, struggled through 5x2km laps, checked to see if I’d hit the 100.

FUCK FUCK FUCK!

Hadn’t unpaused the app

Pushed on for 5 more laps at a snail pace, weeping bitterly.

Turned my 6h into about 7h. FML.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
At 5.45 mark it was too dark to go on, and I was at 90km, so I paused the app and grabbed lights. This close to 100km, I’ll just push on. Should be done around 6.20 mark.

FUCK FUCK FUCK!

Hadn’t unpaused the app

Well it was called the arseclown, Garmin, Wahoo etc have auto pause/ un pause…. ;) Solid effort though, well done.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
This was going to go in the what did you do with your bike thread, but on reflection, here is better.

I tried to get out for a lunchtime ride, get a nice break from work. Of course at the furthest point from home this happens:

View attachment 380629

Wheel-side part of the rear derailleur cage snapped clean in half.... somewhere. I suspect at the bottom of a steep climb when I put my foot down, the gears jumped and jammed in behind the cassette, but it had been dicky from the start of the ride and I put it down to a bent hanger.

Needless to say I just swore at it, put the chain back on, didn't look and pushed the bike to the top of the climb before trying to ride it again. It was at that point that the jockey wheel fell out the bottom and I realised my error. Never found the bolt or other half of the cage, just the jockey wheel which was well chewed up.

I managed to limp it home by just running it without the derailleur, but that doesn't work so well on a dually. At least I have a fresh derailleur & chain downstairs ready to go.

Pt2: Turns out I don't have a spare downstairs. What I have is a cassette, which isn't going to do me a whole lot of good right now. No riding for me this weekend I guess.
What derailleur are you chasing?
There are a few on here that have a spares box like a scrap car yard....

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

FUCK FUCK FUCK!

Hadn’t unpaused the app

Conflicted.

Having seen far too many 100km rides, I feel your pain.

However, I'm obligated to laugh at such a monumental fuck up.

Get Strava, you Arseclown!

moorey

call me Mia
Get rid of auto-pause ! Sometimes I get a couple of extra K's drinking 6 pints at the pub :D
Runkeeper auto pauses…but I had to drive into town, and ride back home for the lights. I want to know I’ve done at least what my app says, so I tend to pause manually. Many mates on strava leave theirs running while walking and dicking around, then claim their 4h ride when we’ve spent maximum of 2 on the pedals. Strava is just for poseurs ;)