Confessions from the fuckwits

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yeah, isopropyl doesn’t work much either.

This product claims to work on dried latex paint:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/goof-off-475ml-adhesive-remover-easy-pour-can_p1581881
Got that too - it’s just acetone also with some perfume. I’ll have another crack on the weekend when I have more time to scrub etc, maybe try a stiff brush. My main concern is a) getting the rim bed clean enough to put down some proper tape and seal it up properly and b) how much the sealant in the rim has or has not fucked the spoke nipples from the inside.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Sometimes good old hot soapy water will work where other aggressive chemicals don't. Should be moderately easy to clean out the rim/tyre well, but you're probably pushing an elephant up stairs regarding cleaning out the rim cavity.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Confessing on behalf of the dude I just bought a cheap(ish) XTC off..
Update - acetone in a spray bottle, sprayed a bunch on and wrapped a couple of laters of glad wrap over to give it time to penetrate. Managed to get the rest of the shitty tape off and clean up the rim bed enough to put fresh tape on and seal up some new tyres. Success.

Rim cavity is still FULL of nasty old sealant but out of sight out or mind for now at least.

moorey

call me Mia
I’d dropped Quinn’s ebike into LBS for a new dropper cable. It’s got a convoluted route around the motor. Motor had to be lowered to fit the cable, and I didn’t want any part of that.
All sorted, drove to You Yangs to meet up with @beeb and @fjohn860 for an evening blast.
Unload the bike, Quinn reports the crank spinning without driving the chain, and it’s making a nasty scraping noise.
Dang, shop must have cussed something up when changing cable. Crank looked like it had a little play, loosened off bolts, added some preload, tightened cranks, nope, still spinning with the scraping noise.
Shamefully roll it over in case beeb or John know anything about ebikes, assuming my night is ruined.

Beeb looks at it, and fits the chain back onto the chainring, which had slipped off and was sitting between the chainring and the bash guard.

This is why I can’t have nice things.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I’d dropped Quinn’s ebike into LBS for a new dropper cable. It’s got a convoluted route around the motor. Motor had to be lowered to fit the cable, and I didn’t want any part of that.
All sorted, drove to You Yangs to meet up with @beeb and @fjohn860 for an evening blast.
Unload the bike, Quinn reports the crank spinning without driving the chain, and it’s making a nasty scraping noise.
Dang, shop must have cussed something up when changing cable. Crank looked like it had a little play, loosened off bolts, added some preload, tightened cranks, nope, still spinning with the scraping noise.
Shamefully roll it over in case beeb or John know anything about ebikes, assuming my night is ruined.

Beeb looks at it, and fits the chain back onto the chainring, which had slipped off and was sitting between the chainring and the bash guard.

Bravo.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Understandably. I hate having to that even being paid to do it. No way in hell would I route any cable in an e-bike voluntarily; absolute shits of things!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
So... Not bike related, but still a f-wit.

I have a(n admittedly gross) habit of spitting into the toilet/urinal at times. Not like it's every time, but sometimes if I have a bit of excess saliva, or a loogey, it'll get spat out. I figure it's in private, no-one else knows (except for now of course), etc.

So today... ... let's just say I found another reason to hate wearing a mask. And I'll rethink the need to spit.

#SRYMUM

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
So... Not bike related, but still a f-wit.

I have a(n admittedly gross) habit of spitting into the toilet/urinal at times. Not like it's every time, but sometimes if I have a bit of excess saliva, or a loogey, it'll get spat out. I figure it's in private, no-one else knows (except for now of course), etc.

So today... ... let's just say I found another reason to hate wearing a mask. And I'll rethink the need to spit.

#SRYMUM
Have come real close a few times with masks but have realised just in time.

Same with the full face helmet, well OK once or twice many years ago have done the spit in the full face haha

Last edited:

tobbogonist

a registered member
Haven't posted in a while, quick confession, took a job on a farm working 6 days a week, no phone coverage there and minimal coverage at home.
No riding for me this summer. Hopefully the river drops a bit and I can at least get some rides in to work (shortcut through forestry tracks lacks a bridge). I'll be back around May, asking if anyone wants to ride Derby/how long I can leave sealant in my tyres.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Out for a ride with a huge crew, doing a self shuttle of Lake Mountain.
Four cars fully loaded to drive to the top, my car staying down the bottom as one of the return taxies.
Get to top and unload bikes, grab my camelback from the back of my mates car. Where's my helmet? Fuck!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Out for a ride with a huge crew, doing a self shuttle of Lake Mountain.
Four cars fully loaded to drive to the top, my car staying down the bottom as one of the return taxies.
Get to top and unload bikes, grab my camelback from the back of my mates car. Where's my helmet? Fuck!
Something tells me that would've been a quick taxi-run. ;)