Confessions from the fuckwits

teK--

Eats Squid
I know not to do major bike maintenance just before a big trip, but felt motivated today to clean and rotate pivot bearings.

Must have missed the click on the torque wrench, and wondered why the rocker pivot bolt kept turning without getting any tighter.

Suddenly a loud pop and the bolt head goes flying across the room.

After much swearing and thinking trip to Derby was ruined, I managed to get the broken part out with an ezy out.

Luckily it's a standard sized bolt and $7 later I was back in action. Now I have 9 spare bolts for next time haha.

Put bike back together and skipped the fork service I was gonna do.

Attachments

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Dobbing my wife in with her blessing. Though I think we're both fuckwiths here. Lol

So she sends me a picture of a flat on the car while I'm at work. After a short chat, she agrees to change the tyre and I'll go and pick a new one up asap.

Later I noticed a few messages on the phone I didn't get to. My wife was looking for the good Jack. The good Jack's handle, as I recall, I used as a breaker bar to undo my bottom bracket as it fit a 10mm Allen key perfectly. Anyway, I put the handle away not with the Jack.

So I call her to see if everything got found/sorted. Turns out she couldn't find the Jack handle, but found some rubbish handle bars which "worked fine".

Those rubbish handlebars were the carbon one ups I had taken off my bike a few months ago.

We had a good laugh.

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Did a brake bleed tonight followed by a sealant top up.

Brakes bled without a hitch, on to the sealant top up...

Decant some sealant from the 1lt bottle into my little sealant injection bottle. Then decide its not enough.
Unscrew the injector cap and then proceed to hold the injector bottle whilst shaking the 1lt bottle to mix it.

Fkn sealant everywhere, BBQ, helmet, thongs, books, clothes etc.

cammas

Seamstress

Decant some sealant from the 1lt bottle into my little sealant injection bottle. Then decide its not enough.
Unscrew the injector cap and then proceed to hold the injector bottle whilst shaking the 1lt bottle to mix it.

Nothing worse than sealant on your thong

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

And your wife believed that excuse? You gotta bust it more frequently if that kind of explosion is happening.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I nominate customer service from Evans Cycles UK for being fuckwits.
ordered stem, got wrong length, & the helpful CS person suggested I go in, in person to one of their stores (only in the UK) to exchange it.
Fuckwits!!
I've been on the phone to my bank in the UK and after telling them I was calling from Australia, where I was now living and they were sending correspondence, they said I should go into to my local branch...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm in a proper rush. Rain stopped and am trying to cram 45 minutes into 25. Get to potato office and leave my wallet at home. Well fuck it! There goes the plan.

Home and back to post office and it's fucking full! Passport, legal docs, bills, parcels...nobody here when I came without wallet.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I'm in a proper rush. Rain stopped and am trying to cram 45 minutes into 25. Get to potato office and leave my wallet at home. Well fuck it! There goes the plan.

Home and back to post office and it's fucking full! Passport, legal docs, bills, parcels...nobody here when I came without wallet.
From the point forward I propose all Post Offices be referred to as the Potato Office, it such a good and accurate image.

Also recommend calling Aus Post the Potato from now on.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

To top it off...as soon as my 15 minutes wait is over and I urn to leave the post office, absolutely torrential rain. I'm already late, going to sit this shit out and have dry feet