Confessions from the fuckwits

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Helping a mate out doing some paperwork for his business. Entering parts and costs against invoices. Very basic program. Being clever I had 3 tabs open; two for main suppliers, one for odds and sods. The latter was 'processed' each invoice as the supplier changed but oh no the two biggies had hundreds of entries. Most of a day entering data with the odd bit of time off for a walk around, help in the workshop etc.

Wandered back in to finish the last dozen or so invoices. Stretched. Kicked the fucking on off switch on the cpu that was under the desk. Guess what did not save?

Back tomorrow to do it all again.

Fuckwit.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Helping a mate out doing some paperwork for his business. Entering parts and costs against invoices. Very basic program. Being clever I had 3 tabs open; two for main suppliers, one for odds and sods. The latter was 'processed' each invoice as the supplier changed but oh no the two biggies had hundreds of entries. Most of a day entering data with the odd bit of time off for a walk around, help in the workshop etc.

Wandered back in to finish the last dozen or so invoices. Stretched. Kicked the fucking on off switch on the cpu that was under the desk. Guess what did not save?

Fuckwit.
Yeah hate that

Minlak

custom titis

Fuckwit.
Duffer. My work laptop has the off button exactly where you put your hand to move it or adjust its position. I think I shut it down at least once every zoom meeting, and never learn
People that design computer keyboard layouts are geniuses

tobbogonist

a registered member
Got a quote on new off-road tyres, agreed and thought I had ordered them.
'pay on the day' the bloke said when I reached for my wallet.
Called up this morning to see how it was going . .
I miss understood, bloke meant 'pay on the day' when you order them..
It's a month later and price has gone up 60 bucks a tyre, also their are none available for the foreseeable future.
I've got about 5 trailer loads of rubbish to go to the tip and my other car doesn't have a tow ball.
New tyres won't be here in time to run the car over the pits for rego change either. Next closest tyre place is over an hour away.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
People that design computer keyboard layouts are geniuses

View attachment 386321
Just on this, if people aren't aware, you can typically change the behavior of the on/off button on laptops in the settings to prevent turning it off by accident. I believe you can disable it entirely too, forcing you to use the "shut down" feature from the menus if you think you cant be trusted that much.

Jpez

Down on the left!
So I get to the trails, grab my half lid and notice there’s no pads in there. They’re not there because they are sitting on the laundry bench.
So I had a pretty uncomfortable ride. Those pads are also pretty important for wicking sweat away from the eyes. Without them the sweat just drips straight into your eyeballs.
So I pretty much spent most of the ride blind.
I also have two small holes in my forehead where the little Velcro circles sandpapered my flesh off.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
So I get to the trails, grab my half lid and notice there’s no pads in there. They’re not there because they are sitting on the laundry bench.
So I had a pretty uncomfortable ride. Those pads are also pretty important for wicking sweat away from the eyes. Without them the sweat just drips straight into your eyeballs.
So I pretty much spent most of the ride blind.
I also have two small holes in my forehead where the little Velcro circles sandpapered my flesh off.
Been there, the good news is you'll only do this once, best it's out of the way and you don't have to worry ever again (once you stop explaining to randoms about how you got those weird scabs).

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I've been using my left arm quite a bit to compensate for the busted right shoulder. As you can imagine it's feeling a bit over worked. Fixing Mrs George and myself some supper last night and it's feeling more sore than usual. Hmmm, wonder what I did today that made it worse? Right at that point in time Mrs George asks how my arm is feeling.......

Oh, that's right dickhead, you had your third pfiiiiizzzzzzer in that arm this morning :rolleyes:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I've been using my left arm quite a bit to compensate for the busted right shoulder. As you can imagine it's feeling a bit over worked. Fixing Mrs George and myself some supper last night and it's feeling more sore than usual. Hmmm, wonder what I did today that made it worse? Right at that point in time Mrs George asks how my arm is feeling.......

Oh, that's right dickhead, you had your third pfiiiiizzzzzzer in that arm this morning :rolleyes:
Amazing eh. I had no arm pain until the 3rd fizzy too. Within minutes of the shot. I thought it was in my mind but it lasted until the next day...

Coopz

Likes Dirt
Not really sure if it belongs here but my Lycra loving, fuckwit road bike riding friend just spent $300 on a Enve carbon 110mm bike stem because it was '26g lighter that the stock stem'. Friend also weighs around 100kg... I told him he could've saved money and put 27ml less in his water bottle next ride but he didn't get the science..

I bought a 110mm alloy stem 2 weeks ago for my gravel bike for $15.