Confessions from the fuckwits

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ahhhhh the act of genericide.

Also, there are not enough bill hooks on this conversation. What a brilliant utility knife.

images (14).jpeg

...don't start me on dunnage! I've only just learnt that before going on vacation.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I think most utility knives can be described as a "Stanley knife". Kind of like how Brits call a vacuum cleaner a "Hoover". Or sticky plasters "Band-Aids". It's a brand that has become synonymous with a particular thing so it's the easiest way to describe it.

Anyone dumb enough to try to cut something within proximity to the femoral artery should not be allowed anywhere near sharp things. Retractable or not. Training might help. Though maybe not for the determined Darwin Award contenders.
The dumbest site injury I was aware of, and there were quite a few that owned the dumb label, involved a Stanley knife which was a banned tool on the site. Boily brought in his own welding helmet, ok but should have been checked before using and his own stanley knife because he couldnt get one at the store... helmet needed a new clear plastic protector but it was a different size to that provided so he put the larger screen on his thigh and fucking cut it to size while still on his thigh. At least 10 stitches from memory.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I think most utility knives can be described as a "Stanley knife". Kind of like how Brits call a vacuum cleaner a "Hoover". Or sticky plasters "Band-Aids". It's a brand that has become synonymous with a particular thing so it's the easiest way to describe it.

Anyone dumb enough to try to cut something within proximity to the femoral artery should not be allowed anywhere near sharp things. Retractable or not. Training might help. Though maybe not for the determined Darwin Award contenders.
Retractable ones are the worst!

^This^

link1896

Mr Greenfield
How to quickly ruin my weekend, When the new shimano caliper bolts have to much loctite on them fml
Oh man. What forks?

I’ve repaired such damage before. Grind the spit portion down, turn up a spacer to return post to correct height, drill the hole out and helicoil back to M6.

kip01

Likes Dirt
Oh man. What forks?

I’ve repaired such damage before. Grind the spit portion down, turn up a spacer to return post to correct height, drill the hole out and helicoil back to M6.
Lucky I'm swapping lowers out as going 29 still not ideal

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The whole “anything can be a hammer” thinking comes to a grinding halt when it’s a battery drill and someone’s apprentice is using the battery bottom to clobber something and pierces the housing and a cell, and she goes up in flames.

“Sorry boss, it was old right?”

That's just user error from insufficient training. Those drills make fine hammers when swing correctly.