Confessions from the fuckwits

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
So I was wanting to drop the travel on my DPA 26” pikes down to 150mm. Due for a service anyway so I went looking for a replacement air shaft.

First step, consult the rockshox spare parts catalogue: need part 11.4018.026.008

Google turns up not much, but if a hard one to find really. Probably SRAM to that for that as most places tell me that Australia is fucked and they won’t ship there. eBay to the rescue though and found this:

Sweet! Order up, get all the tools I need and forget about it.

2 weeks later part shows up and I check the stamping: 29” 150mm. Wtf. So I go back and check the order, turns out I ordered size 5, which is not the 5th item on the list at the top.

Fuckwit. Probably some of that is due to the stupid tables, but I must accept the final fuckwittery sits with me.

Anyone need a 29” 150mm DPA like air shaft?

jasco

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I was wanting to drop the travel on my DPA 26” pikes down to 150mm. Due for a service anyway so I went looking for a replacement air shaft.

First step, consult the rockshox spare parts catalogue: need part 11.4018.026.008

Google turns up not much, but if a hard one to find really. Probably SRAM to that for that as most places tell me that Australia is fucked and they won’t ship there. eBay to the rescue though and found this:

Sweet! Order up, get all the tools I need and forget about it.

2 weeks later part shows up and I check the stamping: 29” 150mm. Wtf. So I go back and check the order, turns out I ordered size 5, which is not the 5th item on the list at the top.

Fuckwit. Probably some of that is due to the stupid tables, but I must accept the final fuckwittery sits with me.

Anyone need a 29” 150mm DPA like air shaft?
Nice one. You think it’ll fix my Fox 34’s?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Back to me it seems. Went off for a weekend of photographing the Oakey sprints and cars and aircraft at the David Hack classic. Fired up to capture a red Maloo rearranging the tyres at the side of the track. Nothing. Damn must have left the camera on some weird setting. Check it out, all good. Oh there is no SD card inside. Fuckwit. Managed to borrow an 8Gb card for today, we are not shooting raw and only have space for 200 shots.

stirk

Burner
Back to me it seems. Went off for a weekend of photographing the Oakey sprints and cars and aircraft at the David Hack classic. Fired up to capture a red Maloo rearranging the tyres at the side of the track. Nothing. Damn must have left the camera on some weird setting. Check it out, all good. Oh there is no SD card inside. Fuckwit. Managed to borrow an 8Gb card for today, we are not shooting raw and only have space for 200 shots.
Back to the days of film, limited shots make em count. It'll really make you think about each shots composition, might actually be fun.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The P51D kept flying between me and the sun so no go. I should have jagged some shots of the F40, GT 40 replicas and some other nice bits and pieces as well as the Spartan.

Minlak

custom titis
Back to the days of film, limited shots make em count. It'll really make you think about each shots composition, might actually be fun.
Disagree. Film certainly has its place but if you want lots of nice photos in a hurry digital it is. Who the hell wants to wait for shit to be developed and printed anyway. :)