Confessions from the fuckwits

Z

Zaf

After going through a few gear cables figuring out the Pinion shifter when I set the bike up, I was running low on gear cables. So in my latest order for some spare parts I threw another 10 gear cables into the cart to refill my spares box.
Was putting a mates bike together last night, grabbed one of my gear cables out to set the shifter up...the end to it looked weird though, and WAY too big to fit inside the shifter.

Turns out I ordered €36 worth of brake cables...and even it said it on the item description.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
After going through a few gear cables figuring out the Pinion shifter when I set the bike up, I was running low on gear cables. So in my latest order for some spare parts I threw another 10 gear cables into the cart to refill my spares box.
Was putting a mates bike together last night, grabbed one of my gear cables out to set the shifter up...the end to it looked weird though, and WAY too big to fit inside the shifter.

Turns out I ordered €36 worth of brake cables...and even it said it on the item description.
Dremel time.

Ps I got a 100 box of Shimano shifter cables if you want to go halves.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

proMAXXIS

Squid
Helping out at the shop, busy Saturday, customer needs a puncture fixed. No problem, chuck bike in stand, take wheel off, tube comes out easy enough. Go back to check the tyre to make sure its all g. Put tube in, goes in no problem. Re-seat the tyre, pump it up....nothing. Try rigorously pumping...still nothing. Realised I didn't bother getting a new tube, just put the old punctured one back in. fuck me.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Helping out at the shop, busy Saturday, customer needs a puncture fixed. No problem, chuck bike in stand, take wheel off, tube comes out easy enough. Go back to check the tyre to make sure its all g. Put tube in, goes in no problem. Re-seat the tyre, pump it up....nothing. Try rigorously pumping...still nothing. Realised I didn't bother getting a new tube, just put the old punctured one back in. fuck me.
I've done that. I've also accidently put a punctured tube instead of a goodie back into my saddle bag on the roadie. Strangely my CO2 canisters couldn't re inflate it after fitting it and I had to walk 10km home.

Spent hours over 4 days trying to get a tubeless tyre on the bead:
  1. Must be the pump. Take it to servo and still no good. Order new pump anyways.
  2. Must be the tyre, replace tyre with old tyre I know was good. Repeat step 1. No good. Put back original tyre.
  3. Must be the new valve. Take out valve, try old one which looked OK. Nope. Repeat step 1 & 2. Put back in new valve.
  4. Tear off Stan's rim tape and redo it. On the bead easily. Add sealant shake etc, and it lost 0psi overnight.
Dammit. Really? This is not fricken rocket science. Lucky it's not, or there'd be a Challenger disaster every time I go near my bike.

You know who put the rim tape on, right? Yeah, it was that fuckwit guy.

Oddjob

1. Must be the pump. Take it to servo and still no good. Order new pump anyways.
  2. Must be the tyre, replace tyre with old tyre I know was good. Repeat step 1. No good. Put back original tyre.
  3. Must be the new valve. Take out valve, try old one which looked OK. Nope. Repeat step 1 & 2. Put back in new valve.
  4. Tear off Stan's rim tape and redo it. On the bead easily. Add sealant shake etc, and it lost 0psi overnight.
Dammit. Really? This is not fricken rocket science. Lucky it's not, or there'd be a Challenger disaster every time I go near my bike.

I'm going through this infernal tango now on my Pole build. Rear tyre with Saguaro worked a treat. Front tyre with Nobby Nic won't hold. Will try valve and then rim tape tonight.

Oddjob

That fuckwit guy really gets around.

It turns out he did the taping job on my wheels, and get this, he's a cheapass too. It turns out if you only go around the wheel twice with 12mm filament tape you get a slow leak. I went and redid the tape, went around the wheel the first time over the nipple holes and then once each side, and guess what? No leaks!

What a fuckwit.

wavike

Likes Dirt
I for a mod. Gone with new nbn company and don't have access to my email registered with site. Forgotten password haven't been able to login. Phone just decided to remember password n let me login. HELP to change pword n email. ..

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Dremel time.

Ps I got a 100 box of Shimano shifter cables if you want to go halves.

Fuck me, I think I'm well prepared having a couple of spare sets of brake pads hanging on the wall..... how many times a year do you replace a shifter cable?

Oddjob

Fuck me, I think I'm well prepared having a couple of spare sets of brake pads hanging on the wall..... how many times a year do you replace a shifter cable?
Mwahaha the correct question is how many bikes do you have waiting to be assembled.

Oddjob

That fuckwit guy really gets around.

It turns out he did the taping job on my wheels, and get this, he's a cheapass too. It turns out if you only go around the wheel twice with 12mm filament tape you get a slow leak. I went and redid the tape, went around the wheel the first time over the nipple holes and then once each side, and guess what? No leaks!

What a fuckwit.

So I didn't learn my lesson the first time.

I had a teeny difference in freestroke between the front and rear brake on my SAM. So I get the fuckwit to try and get the pistons on the Saints to extend out a little bit. But he's a cheapass and the pads are pretty worn so the pistons don't have a lot of travel left. Before you know it, POP! Out comes one of the pistons and there goes the perfect bleed and possibly the piston and o-ring.

That fuckwit is lucky though and the piston goes back in ok. But I sp, I mean the fuckwit spends the next 30 minutes getting the perfect bleed again and writes off his couple of hours on Sat afternoons allocated to garage time. What a fuckwit.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I for a mod. Gone with new nbn company and don't have access to my email registered with site. Forgotten password haven't been able to login. Phone just decided to remember password n let me login. HELP to change pword n email. ..
Above my pay grade. Pm Dozer or Johnny. I have flagged it.

Last edited: