Confessions from the fuckwits

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Only deore? .... upgrades.
I've had XT and SLX before and can feel no discernable difference between them and the deores. Just upgraded to 4 pistons on these.

Rode it today and I dont think it will go anywhere so will just leave it.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I've had XT and SLX before and can feel no discernable difference between them and the deores.
M6000 Deore and M7000 SLX/M8000 XT (and similarly M596/615 Deore vs M 666/675 SLX/785XT) share the same fundamental designs, they just differ in details, so they perform the same. SLX & XT are actually the same bits, the difference beyond the cosmetics is that SLX has the port for the stroke adjust screw blanked off. Deore levers don't even have the port to fit the stroke adjust screw into, and also lose the reach adjust knob, instead requiring an allen key to tweak it. That's the extent of the differences. Deore also ship with the standard-grade hose, where the better models have the thicker-walled/stiffer "high power" hose, but you'd have to be working the brakes bloody hard to pick the difference on that front.

Minlak

custom titis
M6000 Deore and M7000 SLX/M8000 XT (and similarly M596/615 Deore vs M 666/675 SLX/785XT) share the same fundamental designs, they just differ in details, so they perform the same. SLX & XT are actually the same bits, the difference beyond the cosmetics is that SLX has the port for the stroke adjust screw blanked off. Deore levers don't even have the port to fit the stroke adjust screw into, and also lose the reach adjust knob, instead requiring an allen key to tweak it. That's the extent of the differences. Deore also ship with the standard-grade hose, where the better models have the thicker-walled/stiffer "high power" hose, but you'd have to be working the brakes bloody hard to pick the difference on that front.
You can’t discount the placebo effect XT are way better.