Confessions from the fuckwits

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I thought it was a new version of STEM: Science Technology Engineering Maths
Because sometimes its: STEMM - Science Technology Enigineering Maths Medicine
And then once it was suggested it should be : STEAM - Science Technology Engineering Arts Maths (and we all laughed)
so my natural reaction was it was STEM + I for innovation and I was eye rolling thinking that the people who like acronyms probably thought it was a great idea.

I'm glad it was something more niche that I didn't get.

• Haha
Reactions: Zaf

herbman

Likes Dirt
Got some new M8020 4 pot XT brakes for Christmas. And the rear has never been great. The lever almost goes to the bar with the first pull and then on the next it engages at the start of its travel. Have bleed it a number of times but it has never got any better and the pads always seem to be contaminated.
Pulled the pads out today and the left one had a little bit of oil on the back of it and one of the pistons has a chip out of it.
Then I remembered that when I first bleed them I forgot to put the bleeding block in place and had to push the that set of pistons back with a screwdriver.
Nothing like a $150 lapse in judgment

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Washed the bike today. Noticed a creak whilst pedaling earlier in the week. Figured BB was loose. Turns out drive side cup was a tad loose.
Unscrewed it completely to check if dirt got in between the cup and frame.
Didn't see any solid dirt but damn the grease was almost black ... guess some water mixed in with dirt got in ... OK better clean it and put some fresh grease on.
Half way through cleaning the outer shell of the BB cup ... Son of a ... its goddamn copper slip grease ... of course its meant to be this dark o_O

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I ate McDonald for dinner last night after work. It was as grim as you are all thinking. Planning ahead today in an effort to prevent a repeat.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
So I stuck a new (old) 11sp driveline on the other day. Shifted ok but had a gross grindy noise pedalling forwards or backwards. Ohnoes I think, have I bought something broken? Can I fix it like all the other broken stuff I've bought in the past? Let's kneel down and take a look, see what we can find.

Fuckwit

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
So I stuck a new (old) 11sp driveline on the other day. Shifted ok but had a gross grindy noise pedalling forwards or backwards. Ohnoes I think, have I bought something broken? Can I fix it like all the other broken stuff I've bought in the past? Let's kneel down and take a look, see what we can find.

Fuckwit

Yep, I've done that

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

scblack

Leucocholic

Fuckwit

I've done that too....;)

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Fuckwit

Me too, several times actually.

Litenbror

Eats Squid

Fuckwit

Pretty much every time I put a chain on

Brow

Big Block

Fuckwit

Confession - took a while to figure out what you were talking about. Done it too a few times.