Confessions from the fuckwits

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A shorter stack stem will still resolve. Just sayin.
True, but the front end is already a bit low for me and this will lower it further. Means new higher rise bars as well.

Current steerer is 190mm, so 15mm drop.

Also, spent an obscene amount of money on the Thomson TR35 Stem I have now and pretty keen to hang onto it.

Fkn Shantaram. Automatic inclusion in this thread.

p.s a funn funnduro stem will sort out the stem woes.
It might, but it would almost certainly interfere with the frame, given it sits quite low at the faceplate.

Not that keen to buy new bars/stem/headset for forks that should have fitted properly in the first place.

Seller has been a good bloke about it all and is going to refund so no harm done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

creaky

XMAS Plumper
True, but the front end is already a bit low for me and this will lower it further. Means new higher rise bars as well.
Short stack + does not lower the bar height as a result:

https://www.dmrbikes.com/Catalogue/Components/Stems/Defy35

Comes in 35mm and 50mm lengths from memory

EDIT:

Didn't read this far:

Seller has been a good bloke about it all and is going to refund so no harm done.
Good outcome for you if they were incorrectly advertised.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
It does if the stem is mounted 15mm lower on the steerer. Old steerer was 190mm. New one is 175mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just saying that the design of the low stack height stem that I posted maintains the bar height at the same location it would be for a standard stack height stem sitting in the same number of spacers.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got a machinist at work to make me an offset bushing for my fork. It is for a metric shock and is 22mm wide with an 8mm bore but the outer diameter I gave him was 12mm. It needs 12.7mm (half inch). So annoying.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Got a machinist at work to make me an offset bushing for my fork. It is for a metric shock and is 22mm wide with an 8mm bore but the outer diameter I gave him was 12mm. It needs 12.7mm (half inch). So annoying.
Did you get your forks & shocks mixed up?

Hugsy

Likes Bikes
Few people are waiting for this. Got the axle free from the hub internal today. Big sense of achievement after alot of trial and error and persevearance. The new ironhorse project is almost done!

Attachments

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Few people are waiting for this. Got the axle free from the hub internal today. Big sense of achievement after alot of trial and error and persevearance. The new ironhorse project is almost done!
So you used a face shield whilst bare-footed? I like your style!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I was today years old when I finally learned how to properly adjust the B limit screw on my XT 11-speed derailleur what I have had for two years now.

Turns out I didn't need to remove all those links from the old chain after all!
You do, however, need to remove a couple, or the chain will be too slack in the smallest gear, and your chain will fall off.

Fuckwit.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Installed a new airspring for the Revs tonight. Drop lowers, old spring out, new in, 50h service because why not. Lowers back on, add oil, replace crush washers, torque up, install rebound cap and she's good to- wait, why isn't rebound cap going on? Huh. Is definitely the rebound side, has the stickers on it and the compression knob on the top of the stanch- waaaaaait a minute.

Farksake, i'd installed the lowers backwards.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I had a unfuckwit win recently. I spent a few hours dirt jumping at Hornsby. Nothing epic but fun. The axle in my rear hub came loose...back wheel was flopping around and shifting was shit. I whipped the wheel off and finger tightened it and kept riding. Same problem again.

I get home and I want to solve this issue. I see one end of the axle is spanner job and the other is a 12mm hex under the end cap. I can't get that end cap off though...no matter how hard I try. Cassette off, axle nut off, hammer...bam! Axle pops out and takes bearings with it. Of course now I've got the wheel in pieces and I don't know if I'll be able to get it back together. No way to press the bearings in. No 12mm hex. Fuck!!! Next day I head to the local bolt specialty shop and a 12mm key is all of $11. A friend had been in bunnings the afternoon before and provided me with some prices for said tool there and it was going to be a lot of coins. I find a piece of steerer tube that I cut off ages ago and didn't throw out to punch the bearing in very gently. I clean and grease the axle and jam that fucked back together really tight. Assemble hub and win. Didn't we have a thread for this kin of thing?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Don't ride on your slower and less skilled mate's back wheel. It will only end badly.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Don't ride on your slower and less skilled mate's back wheel. It will only end badly.

And always wear your knee pads!

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
As been confessed many times before, I am sure...
Replaced a rear tubeless tyre, only to find I had installed the tyre the wrong way....

For the first time ever I installed the new tyre without losing a drop of sealant and the tyre pumping up first go with the hand pump. Happy me! Installing the wheel back on the bike I had in my head that something cant be right, this has never happened, it is never a smooth process.
And there it was the friggin tyre was on the wrong way. For the next 45 minutes I have sealant going everywhere (somehow all over my glasses), the fucker wont hold air so the compressor comes out. Somehow the compressor falls sideways and lands on my barefoot. Then comes the cursing. My kids are now running around the backyard yelling 'you piece of shit'. Eventually tyre seals, is on the right way, mess is cleaned up and all is back to normal....I'll never do that again.