Confessions from the fuckwits

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Cook the pads, fuckwit.
That’s actually what I did after giving them a good bath. Sprayed them with alcohol then lit them up, followed by a good blast from a butane mini torch. Seemed to bed in ok so I think I saved them.

moorey

call me Mia
That’s actually what I did after giving them a good bath. Sprayed them with alcohol then lit them up, followed by a good blast from a butane mini torch. Seemed to bed in ok so I think I saved them.
I don’t reckon that’s enough. Cook in a saucepan on high heat. You’ll see them smoke as contamination burns off. Best done outside.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Cook in a saucepan on high heat.
agree’d but i much prefer a frypan to a saucepan, we aren’t making sauce, i keep the heat low, if you have a kitchen fan/flue, the chimney style can be done inside easy enough, get said frypan from funnies/salvos shop, the old steel ones are best, teflon shite, Al ok

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I don’t reckon that’s enough. Cook in a saucepan on high heat. You’ll see them smoke as contamination burns off. Best done outside.
Noted, although I did keep the butane torch on them until they stopped smoking. They’re only 355 brakes and B01S pads which I’ve got more of if they are knackered.

moorey

call me Mia
agree’d but i much prefer a frypan to a saucepan, we aren’t making sauce, i keep the heat low, if you have a kitchen fan/flue, the chimney style can be done inside easy enough, get said frypan from funnies/salvos shop, the old steel ones are best, teflon shite, Al ok
Staino saucepan or frying pan. I always do outside on camping stove.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
you're just doing this dry? I followed the process on MTB direct website, their method is to boil up in soapy water... didn't work great though.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
you're just doing this dry? I followed the process on MTB direct website, their method is to boil up in soapy water... didn't work great though.
boiling soapy water will destroy the resin pads, which i despise, but some round here seem to be quite fond of ;):rolleyes:

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
i just put a drop of dish washing liquid on the pads and rub them together at pace until they come clean, it rips the oil out of the pads, rinse+repeat!

Scotty675

Cable thief
Ive resorted to a pad burn 3 times. No pots or pans needed, aluminium foil straight on the cooker has worked the times I've done it. They do smoke a bit when they need cooking.