Confessions from the fuckwits

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
@beezlbub Sold me a nice cheap set of forks for a local kid. Did a quick lower leg service, only to find they were like brand new inside. Oil was the color of new oil.
Reassembled them, aired them up, and gave them a swish. Why is there a big knock about 30 mil short of full travel? Have I fucked up something internally?
Gave a few more squishes trying to imagine what the hard knock was, well short of bottoming out. I had put the lowers on backwards, so the arch hits the crown 2/3 of the way through it’s travel :rolleyes:
I've never done this, never made the swear words when I realised either

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
@beezlbub Sold me a nice cheap set of forks for a local kid. Did a quick lower leg service, only to find they were like brand new inside. Oil was the color of new oil.
Reassembled them, aired them up, and gave them a swish. Why is there a big knock about 30 mil short of full travel? Have I fucked up something internally?
Gave a few more squishes trying to imagine what the hard knock was, well short of bottoming out. I had put the lowers on backwards, so the arch hits the crown 2/3 of the way through it’s travel :rolleyes:
are you brewing your own Kombucha again?

moorey

call me Mia
Ok, the confession continues.
Bought @beezlbub ‘s forks knowing they were od2, hoping the od2 bearing he included would allow them to fit straight into his OD trance. I had an OD2 stem to donate, so thought this was the cheapest way to get this kid off his munted forks.

Confession 1. Bearing didn’t fit. Couple of thou too big.
Confession 2. Stem was too long. It’s 100mm. He’s used to 50mm.
Confession 3. Rather than make him now buy a stem and headset to fix my fuckup, I gave him my late model Rebas, and said I’d just recoup money selling these forks. They’re worth about 1/2 what the Rebas are.

Anyone want freshly serviced OD2 talas performance FIT cheap :(

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I think I might have left my helmet a little too close to the heater.
Ha ha, reminds me of a mate at a 24hr race at about 2am attempted to dry his helmet by holding it next to a gas heater. It wasn’t until daylight he saw what he had done!

moorey

call me Mia
We've all been there @moorey.

"why is my chain so noisy..."
I don’t have the proper sram quicklink tool. Used powerlink on a mates bike the other day in the bush. Only had little emergency bike multi tool pliers on me.
Fitted chain, but I had done same as you in a rush. Took me 10 minutes to get it undone.
Refitted in bigger rush, chain was wrong side of the chsinstay. Took 15 minutes to undo this time.
Taken 2 weeks and counting to convince my mate I’m not completely inept with bikes.