Confessions from the fuckwits

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
It is as dangerous as hand sanitiser.

Isopropanol, or isopropyl alcohol, is a clear, colorless liquid that emits an odor that resembles acetone. It is a commercially available product mainly is found as a 70% solution in rubbing alcohol and hand sanitizers. Unlike the other toxic alcohols, isopropanol rarely causes death and is associated with ketosis without acidosis. Treatment of isopropanol ingestions are typically supportive therapy and ingestions are rarely lethal.

Safety warning went out today to some NSW public service...

Apparently, an unfortunate lady managed to set fire to the hand sanitiser she was using via static electricity. 2nd degree burns. I'm told the pics of the damage are quite something. M'lady says she's staying well away from that sort of stuff from here on in...soap works too. But doesn't catch fire....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Safety warning went out today to some NSW public service...

Apparently, an unfortunate lady managed to set fire to the hand sanitiser she was using via static electricity. 2nd degree burns. I'm told the pics of the damage are quite something. M'lady says she's staying well away from that sort of stuff from here on in...soap works too. But doesn't catch fire....
That sounds like quite an achievement.

tobbogonist

a registered member
Right...
Decided to strip frame and repaint whilst waiting on parts. Expecting at least 1 week wait as per tracking details.
Frame half stripped, worked back a few days this week so I didnt get to finish it. Never mind I have the weekend, home alone all day Sat and Sun with nothing to do.
Text message recieved 7.05 this morning, 'your package full of bike parts will be delivered today.'

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Right...
Decided to strip frame and repaint whilst waiting on parts. Expecting at least 1 week wait as per tracking details.
Frame half stripped, worked back a few days this week so I didnt get to finish it. Never mind I have the weekend, home alone all day Sat and Sun with nothing to do.
Text message recieved 7.05 this morning, 'your package full of bike parts will be delivered today.'
Maybe this will be a half stripped 'rat rod' style frame?

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Been feeling a bit lopsided on the trainer the last couple of weeks. Assumed it was just my dodgy back acting up a little. Further investigation revealed I've been running mismatched cranks... :oops:

One 170mm and one 175mm is a subtly awkward feeling combo! :D
Better go pedal backwards the same km just to balance it all out

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Double header today.

Set off at the trail head to find all four levers loose at the bar.

Take the CamelBak off to grab the Allen keys and they're not in there.

FFS idiot.
I'm proud of you though... having a backpack that should have been carrying your gear is a good start.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Double header today.

Double header today.

FFS idiot.
I think your real fuckwit moment is using your multi tool to work on your bike! NEVER EVER use your multi tool to work on your bike in the shed.
It is a 100% given that they will not make it back into your pack.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I think your real fuckwit moment is using your multi tool to work on your bike! NEVER EVER use your multi tool to work on your bike in the shed.
It is a 100% given that they will not make it back into your pack.
The kicker is I have all the tools I need in the workshop and don't even need to pull the multitool out...

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Squeak sound at back of bike. Twas the derailleur clutch. Take it apart and lube it up. Notice that it doesnt stay on though while riding. Watch 100 videos and PDFs and take it apart and reassemble another 15 times but cannot get the cam alignment right as the switch arm is about 15 degrees off. Finally I see that I must have previously over tightened the clutch too much and when I have turned the clutch switch to on it has twisted the post slightly.

Also, this is a nearly fwit moment. Got time so took the old mtb frame apart for powdercoating. Had to remove the old square bottom bracket shells. One side was hard but got it off. The other I used a wrench but it wouldnt budge. Got a piece of pipe arm length. Wouldnt budge. Decided to leave it alone. Decided not to leave it alone. Decided to leave it alone again. Decided not to leave it alone again. Got a 2m length of pipe. Didnt budge. Decided to leave it alone and reassembled the frame.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Also, this is a nearly fwit moment. Got time so took the old mtb frame apart for powdercoating. Had to remove the old square bottom bracket shells. One side was hard but got it off. The other I used a wrench but it wouldnt budge. Got a piece of pipe arm length. Wouldnt budge. Decided to leave it alone. Decided not to leave it alone. Decided to leave it alone again. Decided not to leave it alone again. Got a 2m length of pipe. Didnt budge. Decided to leave it alone and reassembled the frame.
Please tell me forgetting one side is a left hand thread is going to feature as a follow up entry?