Confessions from the fuckwits

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Yeah, I noticed when he posted it up the other week, just thought I'd wait and see how long he took to figure it out ;)

This week was the road bikes turn.
New chain, cassette and double rings
:)

Surprisingly none of the main online shops supply 5800 105! But even being in Melb my local was luckily still doing contact-less pickup, and were able to get in overnight.

For interest sake this drive-train had done 14117km with not even a chain change ha-ha. Yes I'm bad at bike maintenance lol.
It was very flogged out, but surprisingly still fairly rideable.

moorey

call me Mia
It is one of the cleanest xc hardtails out.

Even though it has a front mech and no dropper.
I’d own one.

Maybe.

If I lived somewhere with smooth trails.
Can’t abide those rim decals sorry. Reminds me of the hexagonal Shimano’s too much.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Posting on behalf a fuckwit

Driving home today there's a long queue for an upcoming turning lane and I pull up a metre or so behind the car in front. 5 cars back a Commodore slams into the back of a Pathfinder and the next four cars cascade into each other. Ute behind me hits the back of me.

Get out and check that everyone's alright. All good except for the Commodore driver who has some minor burns on his hands from the airbag deployment.

Check my car and miraculously the ute bullbar was perfectly positioned to hit my towbar flush and my car is undamaged.

Truck driver turns up and parks on the median facing my car and gets out to chat to the Commodore driver about getting a tow.

I'm standing on median exchanging details with other drivers.

Unmanned tow truck starts rolling.

Unmanned tow truck smashes into the front of my previously undamaged car.

Tow truck driver is apologetic.

I ask tow truck driver for his details. Driver calls his boss and then tells me he doesn't have his wallet with him and says to talk to his boss "who will sort you out". I decline and ask for his details. He refuses.

Police report and insurance claim made.

Absolute clusterfuck.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Driving home today there's a long queue for an upcoming turning lane and I pull up a metre or so behind the car in front. 5 cars back a Commodore slams into the back of a Pathfinder and the next four cars cascade into each other. Ute behind me hits the back of me.

Get out and check that everyone's alright. All good except for the Commodore driver who has some minor burns on his hands from the airbag deployment.

Check my car and miraculously the ute bullbar was perfectly positioned to hit my towbar flush and my car is undamaged.

Truck driver turns up and parks on the median facing my car and gets out to chat to the Commodore driver about getting a tow.

I ask tow truck driver for his details. Driver calls his boss and then tells me he doesn't have his wallet with him and says to talk to his boss "who will sort you out". I decline and ask for his details. He refuses.

Absolute clusterfuck.
Mate unless a pile of cash lands in my lap right now, I'm not trusting anyone to sort me out. So...of you could just hand over the details, you'll be able to keep on driving.

ausdb

Being who he is

Absolute clusterfuck.
That sucks and no wonder towies have such a poor reputation.
Not sure what you drive but make sure you get the back end checked out too, sometimes looks Ok is not really Ok when you check where the towbar mounts to.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
That sucks and no wonder towies have such a poor reputation.
Not sure what you drive but make sure you get the back end checked out too, sometimes looks Ok is not really Ok when you check where the towbar mounts to.
Yep, will get it checked tomorrow when they're quoting on the front repairs. Gotta wait for the insurer to track down the tow drivers details before I can get it done, otherwise I risk copping the excess.