Confessions from the fuckwits

Jpez

Down on the left!
So in my endless circling of my neighbourhood during lockdown (160km this week alone) I’ve found this route that takes me through some gravely bits behind some factories and have to cross over a train line.
Where I normally cross over I carry the steed over the train line, then clamber over 4-5 big oil line pipes running parallel which are treacherous when wet, then throw the bike over a meter high fence then over a slightly smaller one to get to where I wanna go. Today I discovered that if I ride 10m further the oil pipes go underground and there is a gap in the fences to avoid all of that I never noticed before. Fuckwit.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
So in my endless circling of my neighbourhood during lockdown (160km this week alone) I’ve found this route that takes me through some gravely bits behind some factories and have to cross over a train line.
Where I normally cross over I carry the steed over the train line, then clamber over 4-5 big oil line pipes running parallel which are treacherous when wet, then throw the bike over a meter high fence then over a slightly smaller one to get to where I wanna go. Today I discovered that if I ride 10m further the oil pipes go underground and there is a gap in the fences to avoid all of that I never noticed before. Fuckwit.
Forge your own path! Go the road less travelled! Or just go the path of least resistance... :p

Found a good shortcut to my local creek path today myself. Wouldn't want to try it after a lot of rain though!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Forge your own path! Go the road less travelled! Or just go the path of least resistance... :p

Found a good shortcut to my local creek path today myself. Wouldn't want to try it after a lot of rain though!
I feel like I’ve found every single shortcut to just about anywhere in my area. I just obviously missed this one!
So many dodgy spots too. The sort of places where you’d look at nicked playboys with your mates when you were 12.

moorey

call me Mia
Needed a second chain whip for removing an e13 cassette. No worries, I’ll make one. Thought the 4mm thickness of the one I have looks a bit piddly, so I found a strip of 30ish x 8ish mm. Will be harder to work on and shape, but nice and strong.
Spent about an hour cutting, shaping and drilling the holes, then cleaning it up.
Cut the bits of chain to length. Went to attach them to the handle.

Realised there’s a very good reason it’s made out of about 4mm thick material.

Repeat the above with 4mm thick steel.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Needed a second chain whip for removing an e13 cassette. No worries, I’ll make one. Thought the 4mm thickness of the one I have looks a bit piddly, so I found a strip of 30ish x 8ish mm. Will be harder to work on and shape, but nice and strong.
Spent about an hour cutting, shaping and drilling the holes, then cleaning it up.
Cut the bits of chain to length. Went to attach them to the handle.

Realised there’s a very good reason it’s made out of about 4mm thick material.

Repeat the above with 4mm thick steel.
The real confession is is you put that POS E13 cassette on in the first place.

Jpez

Down on the left!
What is the verdict? I haven't heard anything good about any of the E13 products....
It’s possible if it came through @Boom King it might be my old cassette. I could never get it to play nice. I loved the range. Especially the 9tooth but was a pain in the ass to keep tuned. Others seem to have good luck with them so maybe my tuning skills suck.
I dunno. I’d like to give one another crack as the V2 ones are supposed to be a lot better but they aren’t cheap.

moorey

call me Mia
What is the verdict? I haven't heard anything good about any of the E13 products....
Still can’t get it to run 100% cleanly in the smallest gears, no matter how much I tune. I put it down to the extra B screw needed to make it clear the 46t. I’d try a goat link if I still had one.
Waiting on a sunrace XD 10-46. If that’s still temperamental I’ll go 12sp for Felix.
He’s too hard on the small cogs to have it play up. He’ll destroy the cassette in no time. Seen a mates bend teeth pretty easily.

moorey

call me Mia
It’s possible if it came through @Boom King it might be my old cassette. I could never get it to play nice. I loved the range. Especially the 9tooth but was a pain in the ass to keep tuned. Others seem to have good luck with them so maybe my tuning skills suck.
I dunno. I’d like to give one another crack as the V2 ones are supposed to be a lot better but they aren’t cheap.
It is indeed your old one then. More of an experiment with range that a solution. If he can climb all day with 34 up front and 46 rear, it’s a good 11sp compromise. The 9t is excellent in theory....he wants top end speed.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I must say a very large thanks to the Mods for my new status :D:D I feel like I've finally made it and my true self has been seen ;)

In other news, place holding ahead for a bike refresh and bike build this long weekend... Surely nothing will go wrong, but if that's the case then I'll eat a bunch of unicorn farts and fairy dust - there's always room for at least a little bit of fuckwittery... Especially as a fork lowers is on the cards... Anyone care to bet whether I set the house on fire this time?

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I’d be a better pedant if I practiced what I preached. :(
And that's the rub eh ;)

I put a new tyre on the wife's bike after rebuilding her wheel... Lining up the logos took about half the time of building the wheel ;)

Last edited: