Confessions from the fuckwits

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
JB Weld - used on my brake ( handlebar ) brackets still I could afford / wait for new one to arrive .
its pretty special stuff - have used for other random manufacturing style repairs also

My name is Ausdb and it's been six week since my last confession.

My confession is obvious if I opened my bloody eyes :oops: Please help me with my obsession with buying things on a whim I think I have a chance of fixing without actually looking at them properly.

View attachment 368214

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The trials bike won’t be faster than speeds you like.

Same same I imagine. I can’t see them costing anywhere near a new KTM six days EXC.

Emissions suck, but canning motorbikes is pissing in the wind when you look at people’s horrific commuting habits, and then the jetsetting around the globe on holidays cause YOLO.
TBH it should all be fucked off entirely. Vote 1 horse’n’cart
Easy...I'm not ragging on motorcycles as a big contributor to emissions overall, I'd much rather see people getting around the city on mopeds than in Tundra s and Rams! I was referring to electric powered motorcycle emissions (in generation of electricity to charge the battery) compared to using a petrol powered motorcycle.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I think there are a few good ones. Battery life is good enough for races, not for all day epic bush adventures. They apparently kick arse in races because of the instant launches out of corners.
Alta motors and KTM imo are the best to be used on Mx tracks. The ktm’s based off a “freeride”, which is a smaller than a full size enduro bike.
The rest I’ve seen are uninspiring with ergonomics straight outta the 80’s (seats stop a foot back from handlebars? Ewwwww).

Nothing beats a good 100k single track adventure through the high country on a good enduro bike.
Most fun I’ve had with pants on. Love me a electric dirtbike that could do that.

ausdb

Being who he is
JB Weld - used on my brake ( handlebar ) brackets still I could afford / wait for new one to arrive .
its pretty special stuff - have used for other random manufacturing style repairs also
Thanks, but this is a dropout and wheel coming off / out equals very hurty face busting potentially disfiguring and most likely expensive dental treatment. I'm not sure if I'm convinced it's worth the risk.

Otherwise when it's bonfire season next year I'll take it to the FILs farm and see what it burns like. Internet searching suggests mixed results to get them going.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Alta motors and KTM imo are the best to be used on Mx tracks. The ktm’s based off a “freeride”, which is a smaller than a full size enduro bike.
The rest I’ve seen are uninspiring with ergonomics straight outta the 80’s (seats stop a foot back from handlebars? Ewwwww).

Nothing beats a good 100k single track adventure through the high country on a good enduro bike.
Most fun I’ve had with pants on. Love me a electric dirtbike that could do that.
100k is an expensive ride. How many km would you cover?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Shimano rotors come with an orange sticker that I assume says something like "Don't stick your finger in moving rotor". I took it off. I was aligning a new rotor on a pal's bike and discovered the bottom tab on the mount had split and was rubbing the rotor. I spun the wheel to listen to the exact source of the ticking sound and put my index finger in the opening just a little too much. Yep, took the top clean off it, some nail as well. Nice clean cut, lots of blood contaminating the pads now but found the source of the tick.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shimano rotors come with an orange sticker that I assume says something like "Don't stick your finger in moving rotor". I took it off. I was aligning a new rotor on a pal's bike and discovered the bottom tab on the mount had split and was rubbing the rotor. I spun the wheel to listen to the exact source of the ticking sound and put my index finger in the opening just a little too much. Yep, took the top clean off it, some nail as well. Nice clean cut, lots of blood contaminating the pads now but found the source of the tick.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Well that was silly.

Jpez

Down on the left!
So this beast of a bookcase has been sitting in my factory for 5 months waiting for lockdown to finish so I could install it.
It was designed to seperate into 3 sections and I had thought I’d measured the inside of the house so I was pretty confident I could get the 2.7 x 1300 sections in the front door, into the hall and then wind it around through the door into the room they were going into. I had made an appointment to go back and check measure one more time before I started the build but then lockdown came and I wasn’t allowed to do that. So I went ahead and built it and thought ‘she’ll be right’

So day of install arrives and I’m not feeling so confident. Get the units to the jobs and it looks tight but figure It’ll wind through and up . Nup it won’t go. Spent hours with these heavy fuckers trying to thread them through the door every which way. Nope. So it’s finally decided the only way to get them to swing enough is to cut out some plaster. Do that, with the horrified owner watching on and it still ain’t enough. So the only thing left is to cut the plaster on the other side of the wall as well which happens to be their living room . So i got them in the room after 6 hours of fucking around. But I now have to replace a stud,re plaster , colour match and paint two walls and I still haven’t actually installed the units yet. What a fucking day....