Confessions from the fuckwits

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I know this is a hanging offence.
We’ve had the coffee machine for about 18mths. So the whole pandemic. WFH for the missus, unemployment for me and a million frothy milos for the kid. I cleaned it-everytime it told me too. But “clean filter” only just popped up on the screen. It’s never occurred to me to change the filter- every 3 months I now read in the manual. Nor did it occur to me to clean the jug!!! It’s out of sight. Out of mind.

Silver lining is our immune systems must be strong enough to ward off Covid after drinking that slime on a daily basis.

*warning. DONT zoom in. Things are moving in there.
View attachment 382042
At least it wasn't a dead rat...although probably much of a muchness.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I know this is a hanging offence.
We’ve had the coffee machine for about 18mths. So the whole pandemic. WFH for the missus, unemployment for me and a million frothy milos for the kid. I cleaned it-everytime it told me too. But “clean filter” only just popped up on the screen. It’s never occurred to me to change the filter- every 3 months I now read in the manual. Nor did it occur to me to clean the jug!!! It’s out of sight. Out of mind.

Silver lining is our immune systems must be strong enough to ward off Covid after drinking that slime on a daily basis.

*warning. DONT zoom in. Things are moving in there.
View attachment 382042
It can't be any worse than the friggen dishwashers that I've seen in rentals.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
On tanks here too though potable water is filtered, UV irradiated and cocoanut / charcoal filtered before drinking. About once a month I check the coffee machine reservoir. For some reason prompted to check just now.

No flotsam, no jetsam. Phew.

Rainwater and a 5um charcoal filter and mine looks like your too.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

Wait... posted in the wrong thread...

No.

The sauce required 1/2 cup of vegetable stock. I forgot this bit until mixing the sauce. I have a cup of stock in the freezer. It wouldn't come out. Grabbed a knife to lever it out.

Not a sharp knife because that would be stupid. So use something less lethal. A steak knife.

It slipped.

The webbing between my thumb and forefinger stopped it hitting the counter.

Fuck.

Blood everywhere. Pain. Lots of pain.

Short hiatus while the hand gets bandaged. Four times.

Tasted goodly though.

It hurts.

Edit: air fried not deep fried so a dry batter. Worked well though one side of the fryer browned more than the other which was a bit weird.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
This sounds interesting. How do you make a dry batter?
500g of chicken pieces wered marinated in a tablespoon of soy and a teaspoon of sesame oil for an hour. Then two eggs were sacrificed in the name of bondage and whipped into a frenzy. Half a cup of potato starch in a separate bowl. Dip the chicken into the potato starch and mix it around until dry. Then dip and roll into the egg. Then roll again in the potato starch until dry. Spray the air fryer lightly and place the chicken in without stacking it on itself. 5 mins at 200C then use tongs to move it around, some stuck a little. Another 5 mins on 210C and then a good old shake then another 4 mins at 210C. Worked well. No sticky together.

Youse can laugh, I would if it didn't hurt so much. I sliced the webbing years ago so I know how much fun this is though that was with multiple stitches. Track day Sat is looking doubtful...

SummitFever

Eats Squid
500g of chicken pieces wered marinated in a tablespoon of soy and a teaspoon of sesame oil for an hour. Then two eggs were sacrificed in the name of bondage and whipped into a frenzy. Half a cup of potato starch in a separate bowl. Dip the chicken into the potato starch and mix it around until dry. Then dip and roll into the egg. Then roll again in the potato starch until dry. Spray the air fryer lightly and place the chicken in without stacking it on itself. 5 mins at 200C then use tongs to move it around, some stuck a little. Another 5 mins on 210C and then a good old shake then another 4 mins at 210C. Worked well. No sticky together.

Youse can laugh, I would if it didn't hurt so much. I sliced the webbing years ago so I know how much fun this is though that was with multiple stitches. Track day Sat is looking doubtful...
Excellent. Will give this a try (the recipe not the webbing slice!)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Wait... posted in the wrong thread...

No.

The sauce required 1/2 cup of vegetable stock. I forgot this bit until mixing the sauce. I have a cup of stock in the freezer. It wouldn't come out. Grabbed a knife to lever it out.

Not a sharp knife because that would be stupid. So use something less lethal. A steak knife.

It slipped.

The webbing between my thumb and forefinger stopped it hitting the counter.

Fuck.

Blood everywhere. Pain. Lots of pain.

Short hiatus while the hand gets bandaged. Four times.

Tasted goodly though.

It hurts.

Edit: air fried not deep fried so a dry batter. Worked well though one side of the fryer browned more than the other which was a bit weird.
What tasted good? The hand? The blood? The bandages?

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Placed an order with Pushys yesterday. I haven't decided the future of my Guide R brakes but as I am still using them and I needed some new pads, I might as well get some. So I placed my order but didn't review it carefully enough, or maybe not at all.

Fuck! A life time supply of organic pads, which I don't even use. So when they arrive, there will be a sale! I figure $18 per caliper, posted. I think I will just go to the LBS and buy some tomorrow.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Placed an order with Pushys yesterday. I haven't decided the future of my Guide R brakes but as I am still using them and I needed some new pads, I might as well get some. So I placed my order but didn't review it carefully enough, or maybe not at all.
View attachment 382556
Fuck! A life time supply of organic pads, which I don't even use. So when they arrive, there will be a sale! I figure $18 per caliper, posted. I think I will just go to the LBS and buy some tomorrow.
Ring and cancel order, send back, get refund? That’s a lot of pads!

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I'll buy a few off you when they arrive mate, I can account for 6 of them if you want. I'm soft like that, I don't like to ride in the rain if I can avoid it, so Organics work pretty well for me ;)