Confessions from the fuckwits

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
@hambonanas love the bike colours. Been thinking of doing something similar. Pink fox fork/shock decals and same for the rim decals. finding some other smaller bling in pink too, like the valves and preload adjuster etc for detail.

hambonanas

Want to know what I had for breakfast? I tell you!
@hambonanas love the bike colours. Been thinking of doing something similar. Pink fox fork/shock decals and same for the rim decals. finding some other smaller bling in pink too, like the valves and preload adjuster etc for detail.
Thank you!

I'd probably drop the pink oval ring and swap for a silver one but I'll likely go for a black oval next time.

Someone posted a Supacaz saddle and that would really look good..

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
They seem to support the weight of the bike. So far.

Since doing more cooking I have begun to run out of pantry staples. Various vinegars, spices etc. Finished the last of the paprika a week ago so bought some new stuff from genuine paprika ground by paprika acolytes on the 3rd Saturday in March. Has a little spice kick. Made a rub for some chicken, coating it very generously with red dust and garlic...and while searing the aromas got right to the back of the throat and eyes were watery. Hmmm, good shit. Wife decided it was too hot for her...

Made a honey pork roast the other night and it was the same basic mix of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and S&P. Better take it easy on the old paprika and follow a recipe. Grab the paprika, hmmmm this hasn't been opened must be another in the pantry. Nope, just chilli and cayenne...

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Made a rub for some chicken, coating it very generously with red dust and garlic...and while searing the aromas got right to the back of the throat and eyes were watery.
chuck a splash of medium sherry in the pan to deglaze and to add some moisture towards the end - voila, spanish chicken.

moorey

call me Mia
They seem to support the weight of the bike. So far.

Since doing more cooking I have begun to run out of pantry staples. Various vinegars, spices etc. Finished the last of the paprika a week ago so bought some new stuff from genuine paprika ground by paprika acolytes on the 3rd Saturday in March. Has a little spice kick. Made a rub for some chicken, coating it very generously with red dust and garlic...and while searing the aromas got right to the back of the throat and eyes were watery. Hmmm, good shit. Wife decided it was too hot for her...

Made a honey pork roast the other night and it was the same basic mix of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and S&P. Better take it easy on the old paprika and follow a recipe. Grab the paprika, hmmmm this hasn't been opened must be another in the pantry. Nope, just chilli and cayenne...
Yeah, I grabbed ground chilli in a rush the other day instead of paprika......and didn't hold back on the paprika in the recipe. On the upside, everyone enjoyed their baked beans on toast as an alternative.

stirk

Burner
It is the worst!

The last time I was there was just to use the airport at very early am. After the short walk between domestic and international terminals I needed to change shirts!
You get used to the tropics after a few months and it's not so bad when it's not dumping a metre of rain on you in a day like is does in Babinda where I lived.

stirk

Burner
What brought me here? I'm riding my wife's stationary trainer with a large cushy saddle a few times a day rather than my mountain bike.
I'll probably purchase a road bike next...

I'll also confess for her, she bought this trainer at the start of Covid and has never used it!

Last edited:

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
You get used to the tropics after a few months and it's not so bad when it's not dumping a metre of rain on you in a day like is does in Babinda where I lived.
yep. I recall landing in SE asia for a 9 month trip age 19 and being hit by the tropical weather the moment the airport doors opened. I almost cried and thought to myself "what have i done?!" but was good in about 2 weeks. Didnt need AC, cold showers were normal, stopped sweating profusely while doing nothing. Was really surprised, but make sense. Bodies acclimatise just fine

Jpez

Down on the left!
yep. I recall landing in SE asia for a 9 month trip age 19 and being hit by the tropical weather the moment the airport doors opened. I almost cried and thought to myself "what have i done?!" but was good in about 2 weeks. Didnt need AC, cold showers were normal, stopped sweating profusely while doing nothing. Was really surprised, but make sense. Bodies acclimatise just fine
Very true. I worked under an open tin roofed steel work shop in Cambodia for a couple of years. Hot as hades and then sideways rains. Interestingly after 6 months or so I stopped putting the air con on when I got home. Was too cold and unnecessary. Ceiling fan worked just fine. Was funny actually it would be an abnormally cold day of say 28 deg or something and the locals would start getting around in puffer jackets and gloves.
You get used to it.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It's the way it rains that's the problem, 1hr of full torrential rain like someone poured a 10L bucket of water over your head and then the sun comes out for an hour and then repeat 3 times a day on average.