Confessions from the fuckwits

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Can I just say.

All you eleckys need to learn how to clean up after yourselves on jobs and fucken deburr shit. Fuck.
There's a module they do as part of their apprenticeship, "How to piss every other trade off"
On one of the jobs I frequent at there's a crawl space, about 75m X 100m, aboslute filth everywhere you look. Luckily I rarely need to get in there, but I don't think bins and brooms were invented when the sparkies wired this place up.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
My camping confession, no not camping. #2 is away at the same time with 8 non campers using our gear so some kit was shared out. Do you need the 600W inverter? Nope you can have it. What about the spare 120AH AGM? Go for it.

So I switch on the inbuilt inverter and plug in the rice cooker. Beeeeeeeeeeeeep! Huh? Try again, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! Shit. What is the rice cooker rated at? 400W. What is the built-in inverter? 300W. Shiiiiiiiit. Does anyone know how to cook rice without a rice cooker? Bugger.
Part deux...
Fitted up a new wrap around 270 deg awning on the camper. Original brackets were a bit flopsy bunny ears so I made new ones. In the process improving the design by adding gussets. Too wet for a trial run before setting off. Go to set up on the beach and one gusset is an interference fit with the first awning arm. Ok, cut it with the hacksaw. Hmmm. Really tight access. Look a bit longer, ok I can tension the 2nd arm and leave the first furled. Works goodly. Today I pulled the first arm around until it hit the offending gusset, made a strap between 1st and 2nd arm at that length and stretched it out. Canopy is still furled though about 50% instead of 100% and it is really good, enough wrap to add shade and let breeze through. Serendipitous win! Still a fuckwit for not testing at home, could have made setting up impossible. Lucky.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Cows go boing
My camping confession, no not camping. #2 is away at the same time with 8 non campers using our gear so some kit was shared out. Do you need the 600W inverter? Nope you can have it. What about the spare 120AH AGM? Go for it.

So I switch on the inbuilt inverter and plug in the rice cooker. Beeeeeeeeeeeeep! Huh? Try again, beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! Shit. What is the rice cooker rated at? 400W. What is the built-in inverter? 300W. Shiiiiiiiit. Does anyone know how to cook rice without a rice cooker? Bugger.
Part deux...
Fitted up a new wrap around 270 deg awning on the camper. Original brackets were a bit flopsy bunny ears so I made new ones. In the process improving the design by adding gussets. Too wet for a trial run before setting off. Go to set up on the beach and one gusset is an interference fit with the first awning arm. Ok, cut it with the hacksaw. Hmmm. Really tight access. Look a bit longer, ok I can tension the 2nd arm and leave the first furled. Works goodly. Today I pulled the first arm around until it hit the offending gusset, made a strap between 1st and 2nd arm at that length and stretched it out. Canopy is still furled though about 50% instead of 100% and it is really good, enough wrap to add shade and let breeze through. Serendipitous win! Still a fuckwit for not testing at home, could have made setting up impossible. Lucky.
Engineers...cant even cook rice.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Cooking rice in the microwave can be pretty fucking messy.
Noooo.....Don't trying this while in Japan or they will throw you on the next plane home :)

Invest in a rice cooker, even the cheap $20 generic ones do a worthy job and double as a steamer for dumplings.

Cooking rice in microwave is the Barista equivalent of serving up Nescafe Blend 43 to your customers.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Noooo.....Don't trying this while in Japan or they will throw you on the next plane home :)

Invest in a rice cooker, even the cheap $20 generic ones do a worthy job and double as a steamer for dumplings.

Cooking rice in microwave is the Barista equivalent of serving up Nescafe Blend 43 to your customers.
;)

Fred Nurk

No custom title here

Engineers...cant even cook rice.
Must be a mech thing...