Confessions from the fuckwits

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Ohh ffs - so the dropper post has been giving me the shits lately but I've been putting off servicing it / looking at it. Related, some time ago I though my seat was a bit low - weird I says to myself, kids must have had a ride. Finally decided to have a look at lunch ('cos yeah why not it's only 33 deg and high humidity so double that in the shed). Yep the base had unscrewed and was barley engaging the dropper, and caused me to have less travel in the dropper. I feel a few of my moments has been due to me putting off jobs..... I wonder if I'll learn from that......

ausdb

Being who he is
I'm posting this on my brothers behalf.
Hi I'm ausdbs little brother and I posted him two parcels of bike bits a couple of weeks ago and he was wondering why they took so long to arrive. Well the first parcel didn't have a street number on it and the second the street number was illegible. According to ausdb that makes me a fuckwit.
I was almost a double fuckwit as both parcels were nearly sent back from Perth to Melbourne or maybe Sydney as Australia post only have two lost parcel centres both on the east coast (a fuckwit decision I think). Luckily Australia post were not their usual fuckwitted selves and managed to intercept them after ausdb spoke to them so now nephew 10 has some more bike toys to play with.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
both parcels were nearly sent back from Perth to Melbourne or maybe Sydney as Australia post only has two employees ,both on the east coast (a fuckwit decision I think). Luckily Australia post had asked the janitor to read the big words for them on the parcel address after ausdb spoke to them so now nephew 10 has some more bike toys to play with.

Last edited:

Coopz

Likes Dirt
Ordered my daughter a helmet online so she could get into bikes. Not paying much attention I ordered her a Small size as stock was limited. It arrived yesterday, a pretty pink and blue helmet with Blue and Bingo on it, next time I should read the small print on the advert. For ages 5-10, she's 16 months old... She looked liked a hobbit wearing a sombrero...

RichJS

Likes Dirt
So I'm building up a commuter / 26" XC MTB for my first-born. Been doing slowly it for a while, but it's now time for her to relinquish her current bike to second-born.

Months ago I measured saddle height and figured I had to cut the seatpost of the next bike somewhat. I now measured the current saddle height, spent ages with a crap Ikea hacksaw to take 3" off the post for her next bike. Installed it, put her on to check, aaaand she needs the saddle up 2, maybe even 3". Did I bother to check that she was the last one to ride her current bike, or even just try her on the next one before cutting? Of course not ...

As bonus f-wittery, some time last year I chose some derailleurs and shifters, and put the derailleurs on the bike. Have I just spent over an hour hunting fruitlessly around the house for the old pair of 3x9 SRAM shifters that I now want to install? Yes ... I admittedly do also have nice carbon X0 shifters but am not keen to put them on a bike that will spend hundreds of days in a school bike cage, so it's time to see what generosity may be shown to me at the WTB forum.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Received Lyriks back from warranty, installed in frame. "Hmm, steerer is a little long, i'll take some off". Removed from frame, realised I hadn't measured how much I should take off, and decided to eyeball it.

Fuckwit. It's now too short for how high I wanted the stem. (Thankfully, not too short to not be able to install a stem at all however). :rolleyes:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
If you're riding your bike down a trail and you feel your bars loosening, starting do drop and rise as you go; I suggest you stop to tighten them, even if you are racing......
Damn! You look like you tried to body slide face 2 days after I shaved!

Received Lyriks back from warranty, installed in frame. "Hmm, steerer is a little long, i'll take some off". Removed from frame, realised I hadn't measured how much I should take off, and decided to eyeball i

Fuckwit. It's now too short for how high I wanted the stem. (Thankfully, not too short to not be able to install a stem at all however). :rolle
yes:t.QUOTE]

Tragically golden.

Last edited: