Connecting the Go Pro app with a Go Pro

John U

MTB Precision
Jesus fucking Christ, how fucking hard can it be to get a single camera to talk to a single phone! I've been fucking with this useless fucking software for a large proportion of the day. It worked for a short period towards the end of the day and is back into the non working state.

Anyone got any pointers? I'm working with the original Session and an iPhone. The Go Pro app has always been an issues to get working. Last time I tried to use it was a year or 2 back. Gave up due to frustration that time. The weather is shitty and cold here at the moment so I've persisted today.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Whats the GoPro John ?

Cant really help you with the GoPro app as I had no interest in using it.

The new Her06 runs on HEVC (H.265) which is High Efficiency Video Codec 265, the previous Hero5, 4, 3, 2 and Hero were AVC 264 (H.264) Advanced Video Codec 264.
The new Codec streams 4k better, better quality and smaller sized files with higher bitrate.

It was a big shock to me and I spent quite a bit of time working out what the hell was going on.... Pity GoPro didnt specify in MASSIVE RED BOLD that their new Hero6 was a different format camera. Now I have it sorted, its all good.

If you have a computer which is able to process 4K video, I would highly recommend buying the video editing program called Cyberlink Power Director 16 Ultimate, it goes on 'special' quite often at about $49, but its currently $99. I used to run Sony Vegas Pro but the new codec H.265 rendered all the old editing programs obsolete as they could not run the new codec.

Iphones, Samsung S9, Gopro, ect all run this codec now so it may be worth getting.

I can take 20gb of footage, with maybe 50 small vids and render it in 4k at 60FPS to a video and upload to YouTube in about 2 hours, then delete the 20gb of footage, its a really easy program to use and there is a squllion YouTube tutorial vids to keep you right.

John U

MTB Precision
Thanks Ozzy. I’m still very much a beginner. The camera is a Session 4. I worked the issue out. I need to 'Forget this device' in the WiFi settings on my phone and reconnect the WiFi to get it to work.

I'll give the editing a go when I get a decent amount of footage. I'm going fishing in FNQ in a couple of weeks. Hoping to get a bit of decent underwater footage using the Go Pro.