Contour

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
The kids are getting faster and I’m getting older, so I need to give myself a handicap to justify getting smoked by these 14yo instead of just allocating time to training. I picked this up off Muzz after I missed it the first time around.

Was going to endurbro the Kavenz with a lighter fork and wheels, but a 36 was close to $1500 and a wheelset another $700. I’ve picked up a fox transfer that’ll need a rebuild for $100 and the cane creek was $520 from pushys. I’ll pull the rest of the parts from the honzo, get some pit vipers and bum bag and start slaying some grade 3 flow trails.
Yewwwwwww

frenchman

managed to get a bit of time on the bike despite it involving too much tarmac. It’s really fun, despite being heavy. The 110mm on the back progresses nicely and the front is at 130mm.
a set of higher rise bars are on the way and I’d like to put a chainguide on it as well. It doesn’t have any iscg mounts so will have to get creative for that one.
I’ll swap out the fox transfer for a bikeyoke 160mm at some point and just keep riding it.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
managed to get a bit of time on the bike despite it involving too much tarmac. It’s really fun, despite being heavy. The 110mm on the back progresses nicely and the front is at 130mm.
a set of higher rise bars are on the way and I’d like to put a chainguide on it as well. It doesn’t have any iscg mounts so will have to get creative for that one.
I’ll swap out the fox transfer for a bikeyoke 160mm at some point and just keep riding it.
View attachment 390775

View attachment 390776
Ztto do a chainguide with a BB to iscg adapter. Have a look on AliExpress.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

frenchman

Swapped a coupla bits out. Got the 12 speed Eagle on, bikeyoke revive dropper, 38mm rise Renthal and converted an old 160mm airshaft to 120mm by shortening and re-drilling it.

Have been hammering the bike when I’ve been able to get out, it’s still heavy but I’ve been enjoying riding it a lot more than the honzo

frenchman

Love this.
How do you find the CCDB Air IL? Don't see many about
Cheers m8. I’m liking it so far even though I don’t agree with their lack of home service support.
The geo on the bike really allows you to push it but Fark me u run out 115mm on the back end quick tho, way comfier and less scary than the Honzo. going that quick with nothing in the back end is not for me :oops:

Last edited:

frenchman

Got back on 140mm up front.
Been smashing the ever living shit outta this thing. Exo+ rear tyre has been barely holding on with a couple of burps at 30psi so a swap out for a double down will be on the cards.
Rear brake lever has started to shit itself with a leak from the master cylinder.
and fashioned a bb mounted chainguide
Still feels a bit heavy but pointed down it’s still going hard for so little on the rear.
EF2E9245-618F-42EB-AE0D-F80C7E704A32.jpeg

Jpez

Down on the left!
How is he going to impress the kids at the skatepark without Fox Factory orange and Kashima...
I imagine when a creepy old dude turns up at the pump track with a head like this….
5C401C0D-2B25-4510-A2BF-691284280CFA.jpeg
and talking like Pepi LePue they sense immediate danger and bolt quick smart!
I know I would!