cotic rocket / Starling swoop

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
Hey all anyone have any experience with cotic rocket bikes ?
This and starling swoop is appealing to my visual senses.

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I don't think you can go wrong with either, there both pretty sweet. Remember to PYR when you get one!

Ultra Lord

Getting that blue aswell?

I think that one has cleaner lines than the cotic, and single pivot simplicity is a plus.

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
swoop

Yeah like the blue ,also like the clean lines on it to .fighting weight is impressive just on 13 kg i think ?
only down side is waiting time .

Where cotic is available now . But dont like small shock only 200x57 ,but otherwise its cool

Last edited:

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
swoop

Pretty close to each other £1500 ish

Just reading cotic has old school head angle 58 deg compard to swoop 55deg
iam looking to swoop now and are on a waiting list
estimated 6 -7 months
just as well iam in no rush

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Jesus thats slack, 55deg ;)

I think the cotics more trail slayer, not really an enduro bike by todays standard.

And damn thats a decent wait, but I suppose thats the price you pay for a hand welded frame from the motherland. Atleast it'll give you plenty of time to cash in on specials when buying parts.

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
vox

Cool interested in what u find
be good to know fram weight ,shock size as that little shock aint going to cut it need coil in there

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Just got some info from Descendence Bicycles

no shock included (i dont get them any cheaper than anyone else so it doesnt really make any sense for me to sell components). this one was for a 216x63mm but as long as the shock was between 60 and 75mm stroke i would make it to suit. basically i just make frames to suit whatever the customer wants to use, including rear shocks
He said that he can also do adjustable travel if requested, and that it uses a 22mm pivot and M18 titanium bolts for the pivot. Can be made with any rear axle / bb / headtube combo.

The weight of the frame linked above was 3.4Kg without paint and without shock.

Paint wise....
paint is kinda just whatever the powdercoater has. he's got lots of stuff- all the usual suspects as well as sparkly stuff, candy in blue, green, purple and red (like that one was), and matt colours. he loves sparkles. also he does the graphics and can do whatever i can convince him to do really, but there is limitations on that in terms of complexity and colours
Also $600 deposit and about 6 weeks lead time,
they take me about 4-6weeks to actually finish (2 weeks ordering stuff,a week for the machine shop, a week to build, two weeks to paint)

aanon

Likes Dirt
Nice decision to have to make, riding both would be nice but highly unlikely. I would choose the Starling, looks so clean and the reviews are good. Shan #5 is another appealing thing.