VIC Council building 2km XC trail and pump track GEELONG

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
The Hill is now fully open. I went past just as they were removing the temporary fencing and confirmed it's all now rideable.

I had a roll around for a little bit and lots of the trails are still very soft, but good fun.

It'll be good to see quick riders hit some of the sections. Some of the rollers will be gapable at high speeds and some of the berms can be hit really hard.

There are 3 pump tracks and 2 jump lines. Nothing massive with the jumps, but good for some practice.

The little pump track I would say is for kids bikes only, it's super tight and the rollers are much too close for a bigger bike.

The medium pump track has various lines and options and the big pump track has multiple, multiple lines and cross overs and gaps. I'd love to see what a pro rider could do on that track!

All up there's a large outter loop with some good features and high speed sections, a tighter shorter inner loop. 3 skills tracks, 1 jumps, 1 rocks and 1 balance and a return track to the start of them. Those tracks are probably 200 meters long each. Then there's the 3 pump tracks and the 2 jump lines.

When it dries out there's going to be a lot of traffic going through there. I'll be back that's for sure!

Last edited:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Popped in for a squizz yesterday. Really fun bit of dirt. Obviously not in the same league - by a long shot - as You Yangs or Forrest or wherever for a full ride day, but that's not its intention. The place was crawling, with far more kids than adults punting around, which is great to see, but you do need a LOT of patience, and expect to not get a clean lap in. All trails are one-way, but kids being kids don't quite grasp that concept. There are some idiot parents - Johnny, you reading? - who ignore the signs to not walk on the bloody thing, including one moronic woman pushing a baby stroller :rant:

The XC bit comprises three connected loops, upper, middle and lower, which can be ridden individually or linked in sequence to form a big loop, and the final descent of the big loop crosses the head of the skills descents, so you can also flick off & do one of them instead. The "rock drops" as pictured in the earlier pics are pretty tame - the park is a mix of green & blue trails, no black, so while the ramps, drops & rock gardens will shake you around a bit, they're not a great challenge to experienced riders. There were a couple of slightly squidgy bits following the recent rain, but the vast majority of the track surface is hard and very grippy.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Looks awesome, good to see this stuff being built by councils.

Awesome place to take the kids... and dad gets to have some fun too.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Place looks pretty fucking good from this angle...

#hashtag
That tight, uphill left-hander (three things I hate in a corner, all rolled into one!) in the bottom right part of the picture is an absolute prick of a thing.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
That tight, uphill left-hander (three things I hate in a corner, all rolled into one!) in the bottom right part of the picture is an absolute prick of a thing.
Ride it the other direction....the chick with the pram does.

#hashtag