COVID-19: who’s going full doomsday prep on this?

_______

Is an alien from 2007
Where is that happening?
here:

up north:

looks like draft leg. only so far

Would we call him the red king ? Or what about king ginger?
he's not into that career, had a hard enough time with his day job as 3IL. The Yarmy do love him, but they swear an oath to the queen so...

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
he's not into that career, had a hard enough time with his day job as 3IL. The Yarmy do love him, but they swear an oath to the queen so...
Of course they do...and has that sort of thing stopped civil wars before? What is she and Charles both pass away in quick succession? Harry stepping away is a ruse! He will call his loyal troops to arms and poor old willy will be stuffed! Harry ran away so they can't DNA test him and find out where that red hair came from, because it wasn't Charles! Willy's agents are scouring the English countryside for red headed nobles as we speak!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's a shit run. Dare I ask about the hail and asbestos? Hopefully a good streak is on the way

Been getting lots of builders tenders etc which won’t be realized IF we got the job for a year or so.

But enquiries on wood heaters are actually up for this time of year. But I feel the situation has people uneasy and they won’t want us in homes pretty shortly, unless it’s to service and we don’t make enough on that alone to sustain the business. Rent is the killer, I really feel for all the hospitality workers and business owners who have already had to close doors and will continue to pay rent. Our building is owned by an old Italian family (non mafia I hope) they own about a dozen building in our block, all owned outright. We have asked the Real estate to approach them about a rent freeze, they want to work out how we did last quarter (during the fires) before making a decision. That was already bad but has no bearing on what’s coming as far as I can see. A government mandated freeze would be much more heartening to hear.

I actually thought we were going to do ok after the fires, things were looking good through Jan and feb. We had just been working on getting a new website up for online selling but it’s still a few months off so unlikely to keep that in the works.

To top it off yesterday our IG account was suspended. After 2 years of building it up and paying for all the boosted posts etc the whole lot is gone. I had about 20 DM enquiries I was working on that have all gone.

Still got my bike though, I’ll hide it at a mates house in case of liquidation/ bankruptcy. They can have the still damaged house and car..... but at least I can ride to Centrelink.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

_______

Is an alien from 2007
What is she and Charles both pass away in quick succession?
Then they're loyal to Will. Then George. Then Charlotte. Then Louis. For the kids Hazza could be regent, but Kate would win in a squaddie fight, so he'd be a fool not to let her do it.

Harry ran away so they can't DNA test him and find out where that red hair came from, because it wasn't Charles! Willy's agents are scouring the English countryside for red headed nobles as we speak!
James Hewitt now buying loads of toilet paper in preparation for an SAS raid.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Of course they do...and has that sort of thing stopped civil wars before? What is she and Charles both pass away in quick succession? Harry stepping away is a ruse! He will call his loyal troops to arms and poor old willy will be stuffed! Harry ran away so they can't DNA test him and find out where that red hair came from, because it wasn't Charles! Willy's agents are scouring the English countryside for red headed nobles as we speak!
Sounds like a modern story of Genghis Khan without the red hair.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
I'd watch that series on Netflix. I've got time.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/03/25/coronavirus-patients-do-not-resucitate/

Hospitals on the front lines of the pandemic are engaged in a heated private debate over a calculation few have encountered in their lifetimes — how to weigh the “save at all costs” approach to resuscitating a dying patient against the real danger of exposing doctors and nurses to the virus’s contagion.

The conversations are driven by the realization that the risk to staff amid dwindling stores of protective equipment — such as masks, gowns and gloves — may be too great to justify the conventional response when a patient “codes,” and their heart or breathing stops.

“It’s extremely dangerous in terms of infection risk because it involves multiple bodily fluids,” explained one ICU physician in the Midwest, who did not want her name used because she was not authorized to speak by her hospital.

Fred Wyese, an ICU nurse in Muskegon, Mich., describes it like a storm:

A team of nurses and doctors, trading off every two minutes, begin the chest compressions that are part of cardiopulmonary resuscitation or CPR. Someone punctures the neck and arms to access blood vessels to put in new intravenous lines. Someone else grabs a “crash cart” stocked with a variety of lifesaving medications and equipment ranging from epinephrine injectors to a defibrillator to restart the heart.

As soon as possible, a breathing tube will be placed down the throat and the person will be hooked up to a mechanical ventilator. Even in the best of times, a patient who is coding presents an ethical maze; there’s often no clear cut answer for when there’s still hope and when it’s too late.
In the process, heaps of protective equipment are used — often many dozens of gloves, gowns, masks, and more.

Bruno Petinaux, chief medical officer at George Washington University Hospital, said the hospital has had a lot of discussion about how — and whether — to resuscitate covid-19 patients who are coding.

“From a safety perspective you can make the argument that the safest thing is to do nothing,” he said. “I don’t believe that is necessarily the right approach. So we have decided not to go in that direction. What we are doing is what can be done safely.”

However, he said, the decision comes down to a hospital’s resources and “every hospital has to assess and evaluate for themselves.” It’s still early in the outbreak in the Washington, D.C. area, and GW still has sufficient equipment and manpower. Petinaux said he cannot rule out a change in protocol if things get worse.

GW’s procedure for responding to coronavirus patients who are coding includes using a machine called a Lucas device, which looks like a bumper, to deliver chest compressions. But the hospital has only two. If the Lucas devices are not readily accessible, doctors and nurses have been told to drape plastic sheeting — the 7-millimeter kind available at Home Depot or Lowe’s — over the patient’s body to minimize the spread of droplets and then proceed with chest compressions. Because the patient would presumably be on a ventilator, there is no risk of suffocation.

While he said his hospital’s policy still called for a full response to patients whose heart or breathing stopped, he worried any efforts would be challenging, if not futile.
“By the time you get all gowned up and double-gloved the patient is going to be dead,” he said. “We are going to be coding dead people. It is a nightmare.

franco cozzo

Likes Dirt
first victorian deaths reported...2 males in their 70s died last night

worth noting elderly males seem to have the highest casualty rate ....throw in pre-existing conditions such as cardiovascular disease, respiratory disease , diabetes etc and the chance of death increase greatly....

Last edited:

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Not to cherry pick information that suits my narrative, but (source):

Early days and all, but it does appear that the rate of increase of new infections is slowing - they're still rising, but the curve is not getting steeper. This after a week or so of social distancing measures is encouraging. Keep up the good work folks!

Doesn't look so good for the US though (source <- this is a good article).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
They have closed all major mountain bike trails in Tasmania.
Not so much as that riding is the risk but the gathering at trailheads, car parks and camping area isn't good plus people traveling across the state to ride. Just need to stay at home and ride in quiet areas locally.

safreek

Need Centrelink assistance? Their website has caught up and it's now fairly quick to get registered. The day you register (eg today for me) will be the day they calculate your payments from when they catch up with processing. Details are here:

I never picked you for a dole bludging, ice smoking, cone punching layabout who is a parasite on our society ;).
But seriously, hope things go well for you. It will be over soon enough. You owe me a good coffee for the kind words